4. Chocolate Day

Adya frowned when he asked her to comb her hair. She hated this. She felt like a prisoner in the care of a policeman. "I think it looks fine." She said showing resistance to his suggestion. He sighed, seemed like showing anger was the only way out. He grabbed her hand, pulling her to him. "I am the one looking. I know better."

She snarled at him. "I don't care."

Dhruv was thankful to the board separating the back seat and front seat of the car. "You look like the kind, that suggests we were indulging in some rough romance," he spoke not taking his eyes off her lips. Her parting lips made him gulp, and he drifted his gaze to meet her eyes. She was throwing daggers at him through her eyes. "Unless that's the image you want to give." He breathed, somehow keeping his mouth away from hers.

"Leave my hand." She spoke annoyed. Her tone put him off. He left her arm moving away. Only then realising that he was loving the touch. She brought out her comb combing her hair. Next she brought out a lipstick. Then the eyeliner. In minutes, she looked as tidy as she possibly could look. She was annoyed at their proximity. She knew things weren't the way they were before. But all she had began fantasizing was intimacy with him. His advancement annoyed her because she knew it was not an option. Cause she knew it would only leave her more frustrated. She perhaps need to hit the beach and get a nice swim to get her mind off him. 

Adya's hard times, only seemed to have begun. As soon as they were out of the car, walking to the grand entrance, his hand possessively locked around her waist. She showed no hints, but she was cherishing his touch. Oh God. How would she survive the pretence?

"Hi!" Sheila said surprised.

"Hi mom!" He said giving the woman a brief hug.

"Hi!" Adya said softly smiling. She was so enjoying the look of bafflement on his mother's face.

"Hi...look who we have here." She did sweetly but Adya knew she was shooting daggers at Dhruv as she hugged her.

"Care to explain, this...wonderful... Surprise?" Sheila said as sweetly as she possibly could. 

"Ahh, we are giving our relationship another chance," Dhruv spoke, placing his hand on Adya's back. Adya smiled. His every touch created sparks. Adya was sure – the short circuit would follow if she didn't get herself away from his radar. His hand that had now started moving stealthily, didn't help. 

"Wonderful. ..though...I had other plans." Her voice trailed off 

"What?" Dhruv pretended to be confused. Luckily, his mom's PA who was a little more loyal to him than his mother had informed him about his mother's intentions. 

"Nothing! How about you both have a quick shower and join me for lunch."

"That's wonderful, Mom," Adya said sweetly walking behind her, grinning secretly at Dhruv, whose face shone with similar mirth.