8. Hug Day - II

Dhruv was talking to a few of the board members when he turned to find she was gone. She had just been by his side. 

"Dhruv, let's go." His mother said causing him to turn back at her.

"You start, I will find Adya and be back."

"She's not a kid, Dhruv. If she wanted to come with us she would be around. Anyway I don't think she is dumb to not find her way. Come. " 

Dhruv took in a deep breath, burying his anger. Maybe his mother was right, percase Adya had gone back on board. She anyway didn't seem interested to even talk normally to him. It pissed him off. He looked around. Rupaali was there and Akshay was by her side. Where was that idiot? Whatever, wherever... He din't care. The group of people walked into the groove of coconut trees to reach the land that was owned by the Rathores.

* * *

Dhruv had not been constantly paying attention to anything. His thoughts had been messed up by the woman, he once called wife. She hadn't come down to the land. Maybe she was just strolling around the cruise. He had noted the discomfort in her gait. He grinned sheepishly in his head. But what a night it was. Yet, there was nothing so great about last night because she seemed more distant after it.

"Dhruv?" He heard his mother. He turned trying to make his way back into the discussion.

* * *

Dhruv walked back up. The discussion had lasted almost an hour. They had arranged for a lunch by the cruise on the island. The cruise was a Valentine special. He liked how his mother smartly made the arrangement of coming down to the island in the cruise. The Chaddas, and the Mittals who had joined this morning, seemed very impressed. The small crowd of people seemed to be having the best time of their life.

He had set out to look for Adya. After good twenty minutes of walking around, he couldn't find her. He decided to get on board and check if she was inside.

As Dhruv walked back from his room, where he didn't find her, he paused outside a room hearing his mother's voice. She was talking to his PA.

"Where is she?" He overheard her say.

"She hasn't been spotted." The other person in the room told her.

"Did you try to reach her phone?" She asked anxiously.

"No response!" The man replied.

"God, this girl. Dhruv must be going mad about her whereabouts."

Dhruv by now knew the conversation was about Adya. He walked in prepared . "Where's Adya?"

Sheila looked shocked. "She must be around."

"I heard your conversation. So cut the pretense and tell me where she is!"