6. Promise Day II

Adya loved the feel of the breeze on her face as she rode. A little ahead of their vehicle was Akshay's bike. Rupaali sat on the back seat. Her body dressed in the thinnest material possible, was pasted to Akshay's back. Dhruv had noticed Adya scrutinize Rupaali for the third time since the past half an hour. 

"Why do you stare at her like that?" He spoke, leaning his head over her shoulder. "She or people might assume you're a lesbian."

"What!" Adya exclaimed horrified, as she slowed the bike momentarily to avoid the dent in the road. 

"I am not." She stated irked.

"Who better than me would know?" She heard him whisper, his voice at his husky best. She was sure his lips were still over her ears with the sensations her skin there felt. 

"Don't flirt," She warned.

"I am not flirting!" His response was amused. Adya turned slightly but before she could, he  placed his hands on her shoulder making her turn in front.

"Woman, focus on the road. Not on the handsome sitting behind you."

Adya adjusted the side mirror and looked at him through it. He had that proud smirk painted on his face. "Earth to you." She mumbled. He rested her hands on her waist now. Her body tensed up in response.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He whispered. He was loving the feel of their closeness. 

Adya chose silence. Her eyes looking around. "It is " she said softly.

He smiled looking around. She smiled understanding what he meant, very well. They both were liking their togetherness. Secretly hearting the moments they spent.

* *  *

The weather was excellent, perhaps slightly cooler than usual. Adya went around taking snaps in her favorite camera. "Akshay, Rupaali turn!" She called and as soon as they did. She snapped. She loved taking candid photographs. There was nothing fake about it.  She turned and found Dhruv turning his head the other way immediately. They had been doing that all the while. Gawking at each other and then turning away when the other saw. 

Adya adjusted the camera lens in his direction and took a side shot as he gazed at the view of the beach seen from the high raised wall's few missing bricks. As they moved around, Adya noticed a narrow pathway leading to the wrecked walls. She steadily made her way down. While the others moved in the regular direction. She stationed herself, then carefully raised her camera taking a shot of the beach. 

Curiosity got the better of her as she saw the isolated broken pillars. She moved that way glancing back to see if the others were still around, no one saw her. She proceeded. Tracing her hand on the stoned walls she went around and decided to trek back up. That's when she missed a rock. "Ouch!" 

"Who asked you to come down here?" He scolded getting to her side.