Family From Afar.

NATIONAL CITY- FREEWAY

Kara was riding up the freeway listening to the cars passing by; the wind pushing past her ears as she drove just over the speed limit. All she could concentrate on, much to her dismay, was the fact that Mon el cheated. He wasn't mad, but that wasn't proven, he moved on. Is that was it was? I mean he didn't tell her he regretted it and no one had left the building so maybe she stayed or maybe she left shortly after Kara had left.

She could only feel one thing at the moment. Oddly, it wasn't heartbreak. Just betrayal. Maybe the heartbreak would come after. But she couldn't focus on that. She had suddenly realised that she just crashed Barry's welcome home party. 'God I'm a terrible friend' was what she thought. Everyone was probably there. Iris, Cisco, Caitlin, Felicity, Oliver. Oliver was someone who she could confide in when she didn't want to burden Barry. He's said before that she isn't a burden, but that didn't stop her from feeling like one. Kara had told Oliver her worst fears. How hard it was she was away from home, yet how comforting and rewarding it was. When Oliver heard all these things about her, she also began to be a source of comfort him. He had opened up to Kara about his 5 years on Lian Yu. How it wasn't 5 years just on the island, it was 1 year in Russia and 1 year in Hong Kong and a few days in Star City- then Starling- and she didn't judge his actions and choices. She was a soldier and she had to make hard choices all the time, just because he doesn't wear the same uniform as her, he's a soldier too. Well in her eyes. Suddenly, a small smile crept up on her face and she felt a warmth in her chest by the thought of Oliver Queen. She didn't know what it meant at the moment as she was too broken to understand. But later she would figure it out. Right now she had to focus on not getting killed and try to make up for ruining the party. And with that said the thought of her trust-betraying, ex fiancée was gone from her mind.

1 HOUR LATER CENTRAL CITY -
WEST-ALLEN HOME

Barry and Oliver were both pacing. Everyone knew why Barry was pacing. And they all knew why Oliver was pacing. Anyone would've thought how cute it was of Oliver to be concerned for Kara but they wouldn't say anything with him in this state.

Breaking the silence Iris said. "GUYS! Stop pacing. You'll burn a hole in the ground if you're not too careful."

They ignored Iris and continued to walk around the room. Finally, Barry said.

"It's been an hour. AN HOUR! She said thirty minutes."

"Shall we go see if she's okay? Or still in National." Oliver asked in a panicked voice.

"I-I-I don't know. " Barry shook his head and then confirmed, "No. Yeah. That's exactly what we're going to do."

He and Oliver stopped in their spots.  Simultaneously, they grabbed their phones and keys and walked towards the door. Just as they were about to open it they heard a knock.

Barry went for the door and Oliver followed shortly after. When he opened the door they saw a petite blonde woman with red puffy eyes, a small smile, pizza in one hand and a bottle of scotch in the other. Her duffle bag was strapped around her shoulders.

"Sorry if I'm late," she started apologetically, "I was driving and I realised that I must've crashed your party and I felt really really bad so I got some pizza and scotch. I thought you'll probably already have food and drink but I felt REALLY bad and I still do." Kara rambled.

Instead of talking Barry and Oliver took the pizza and alcohol out of her hand, placed it on the nearest surface and engulfed her in a strong secure hug.

"Hey don't get me wrong, I love hugs but I kinda also love my ability to breathe." Kara said while Barry and Oliver continued to give her a bone crushing hug.

"Guys?" She enquired.

"Nope. Not leaving." Barry said.

"Me either. We will hug you until we feel you are better." Oliver said firmly.

They could hear the movement of feet coming from behind and next thing you know everyone, including Mick, gave her one of the biggest hugs she's ever had.

"Thanks guys." She muffled from under everyone.

All at the same time the said, "No problem."

They were all stood together in total silence. All of a sudden they heard a small sob coming from beneath them. They all came apart and saw Kara sobbing into Oliver's side.

He just stood their with a sad expression rubbing her back. He said to her in a soft voice. "I told you I wouldn't move until I thought you felt better."

From that remark, Kara let out a small chuckle followed by a sniffle and a few uneasy breaths. "Thanks Ollie." was all she said before she let go giving him a wide smile.

He looked a bit confused, but her contagious smile caught onto him and he asked. "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

"You CAN smile." She giggled.

"Oh my- really. You give me the most cheesiest smiles I've ever seen just because I'm smiling." He scoffed.

"Mmhmm." She said still smiling.

Barry interjected and said, "well I hate to break up this lovely little moment but I seem to remember you brought pizza?"

Rolling her eyes she said, "yeah I just got they one will ALL the meats on. I mean we've been living off rations for almost a year. We deserve this very fattening pizza." Everyone began to laugh and made their way to the couch.

"Hey Kara." Thea asked.

"Yeah speedy?"

"Did you call Alex to tell her your here?"

Then everyone shot daggers at her and she mouthed "what?"

"No I didn't tell her I was even here. I went straight to the loft to see Mo- him and... well you know the rest." She replied sadly as she sat next to Thea.

"You should tell her later once your settled. And also I'm sorry. He's an idiot. He has no idea of what a badass yet adorable woman he's lost."

When Thea said that a small blush crept up her face. "Thanks Thee" Kara said and gave her a small side hug.

She returned it but moved away when Kara jumped a little.

Everyone got worried and Cisco asked. "What happened?"

"Nothing it's just my side. It hurts a bit that's all." Kara replied trying to hide her pain. But that didn't work seeming as there is a doctor in the room.

"No Kara. I don't believe you." Caitlin said in her slightly mad tone. "Lift your shirt up. Let me inspect the wound."

She was now getting in full doctor mode. She placed her wine glass down and grabbed the fully equipped med bag out of her small S.T.A.R. Labs duffle bag.

She placed her bag at the foot of the couch as she sat next to Kara.

Hesitantly, she unbuttoned her shirt leaving her in her beige tee. She softly lifted it up, revealing litter of scars along her back and torso. But what stuck out the most was a big white plaster with blood seeping through. "What happened!?" Caitlin exclaimed.

Kara looked at Barry, who shook his head and said. "It's my fault."