Sweaty Mornings and Shocking Afternoons.

Gunfire.

Explosions.

Shrapnel flying.

Shrapnel.

Shrapnel again.

Blood.

Cries.

Screams.

Death.

Kara shot up from a bed sweating but immediately regretting it as winced from pain in her side. She was gathering her surroundings, trying to figure out where she was. She wasn't in her bedroom. In her loft. In National City. There was no one sleeping beside her.

And that's when she remembered.

Mon-el cheated.

She came to Central City.

She stayed at Barry's place.

She refused the bed but caved as she was too tired.

She remembered Oliver, sitting with her. Not talking. Just sat in a comfortable silence. A smile crept up with the thought of Oliver. Again. She frowned and shook her head. 'What am I doing?' She thought.

Kara climbed out of bed and looked at the clock beside her. '5:02. Great to see that the internal alarm clock still works.' She thought sarcastically. She walked to the bathroom to freshen up. Seeming as she had nothing to do at 5 AM, Kara decided to go for an early run. She put on a black sports bra and some black shorts she had leftest in the draws of the guest room. She grabbed her armband to hold her phone and her running earphones. When she walked into the living room she saw everyone lying awkwardly off of some kind of furniture.

Thea was on the couch with her head hung off the edge and a half empty beer bottle in her hands, Mick was sitting on a chair with his head forwards, Ray was lying in the middle of the dining room table, Zari and Amaya were sitting with their heads together on the window seat, Sara and Caitlin were squeezed together on one half of the couch as Thea managed to push them together somehow, Cisco was snoring by the kitchen, sitting on a stool with his head on the counter, Laurel and Malcolm were passed out on separate arm chairs, Roy was on the floor, leaning on the couch, his head a few inches from Thea's, Felicity and Nate somehow made it on top of the kitchen counter in a spooning position, and funnily enough, Felicity was the big spoon and Kara remembered that Harry, Joe, Cecile, Diggle and Lyla all went home and that Barry and Iris were probably in their own bed. That just left one person unattended. Oliver. 'The stubborn idiot is probably fighting crime or working out. He needs to learn how to relax.' Kara chucked at the thought.

After spending a few moments watching her sort of family sleep off their hangovers, she left the loft. Kara began running to the sound of her playlist. It had enough songs so she could run a few miles and back. Kara looked around at the silent city. Capturing its beauty as the sun was reaching its peak. It reminded her of her home. Of National City. An innocent city. A bright city. A caring city. Her mind casually went to Mon el. How she thought of him as her home. Her everything. And that it all came crashing down. How he had the audacity to make her feel bad about surprising him. These thoughts really angered Kara. She began running really fast. Her knees lifting up so high she nearly hit her own jaw. She was so consumed by her anger that she didn't see the figure in front of her. Nor did she hear them call out her name to stop. She only realised it once they were both on the ground, wincing.

"Sorry!" She said exasperated, taking her earphones out, trying to get back up, feeling a huge throbbing pain in her side. "I wasn't looking where I was going and I was a bit distracted."