== four ==

{rowan's pov}

-- the next day --

Darkness. I just woke up, and I didn't want to open my eyes just yet. Flashes of the incident last night came flooding back to me.

After a lot of mustering courage, I opened my eyes. The brims of my eyelids burned as I scanned my surroundings. I was sleeping on a large bed, with grey bedsheets and grey pillows. Grey walls and a grey floor.

I see a nightstand next to the bed, a plastic platter on it. And on that platter was food, heaps and heaps of bread and eggs. I widened my eyes, and my stomach was aching. I haven't eated anything for a long time, and this platter of food was definetly appeasing to me. I was about to get up from the bed, when the large, grey door creaked open. There came in Harry, a large smirk slapped over his stupid little face.

I immediately fell back on the bed, my anger building up once again.

"Hey, I just came here to give you some things to freshen up. No need getting angry.. you're dangerous when you're enraged." Harry chuckled while tucking a strand of my black hair behind my ear. He was about to kiss my cheek, but I pushed him away and grabbed the contents in his hands. I looked for the bathroom, and I washed up.

When I came out, Harry was gone, and the platter was still there.

It was just sitting there, untouched. I pushed my anger away and rushed to the food. I put a piece of bread to my mouth, taking a longing bite from the most tastiest loaf I have ever tasted in my entire life.

I ate everything up, and felt well fed for once.

I can't believe I was eating when I should have been escaping this place.

But I haven't eaten for days.

I then have an internal conflict with myself, a habit that will never go away.

I sigh and I fall on the bed as Harry walks in the room.

Why haven't I ran out when the door was UNLOCKED?

Harry only clicks his tongue at the sight of me. I glare at him and I huff. I will get out, and when I do, I'l do justice the world's women and set them free. I'll help them escape. I'll be that leader that all of the men would be afraid of.

But all of these hopes and dreams won't come true unless I do something. Sitting here being Harry's captive and eating bread won't do me any good.

"When can I get out and go home?" I ask Harry, who was staring at me like he often would. He began laughing, almost making fun of me.

"You think you're going to go home?" Harry sat on the bedspace next to me, his hand on the small of my back. As usual, I would remove his hand and send a glare.

"How else am I supposed to change the world?" I sighed, unknowingly blurting out the words. Harry looked at me funny, and then snorted awkwardly.

"Change the world..? Rowan.. are you on crack?" Harry asked. I glared at him, ignoring him. He was an enemy, I had to remember that.

I stood up, examining the room some more. I was trying to find a flaw in the room, some kind of loop hole that would help me escape.

But instead, everything was a dull grey colour. And everything was sealed up, including the windows.

"What are you going to do with me?" I asked him, my voice wavering just slightly. He smirked at my lips, and then met my gaze.

"What I usually do with women." He replies.

"Do whatever you want with me. Just.. don't let the Placaters see me. Don't let them take me away." I told him.

If he was going to take me for his advantage.. might as well use him as well.

Harry just shook his head, chuckling.

I just wanted to rip those brown curls off of his head.

One. By. One.

I sent him a glare as he exitted the room, laughing loudly. After he shut, and locked, the door, I fell on my pillow and let out a loud scream.

It was only comforting enough.

I let it happen. My mother always told me to be brave, be independent. But here I was, in a grey room, under the rule of a demon that was called Harry.

But.. thank the LORD that I wasn't seen by the Placaters. I had abcolute NO intention of participating in the Claimings.

The Claimings is basically where a young girl gets bought by a wealthy man, simply pleasuring or working for him.

Just like Doris Oliver. A rich man must have seen her, ordered the Minister for her to take part in the Claiming, got Placaters to take her away, and bid on her.

She was now his.

Whoever he was.

But what Harry was doing was illegal, and if the Placaters found out what he was doing, he would dead meat.. which wouldn't be so bad. But it would also mean that I would be seen.

So in a way.. it was a lose-lose situation.

I sighed as I stood up from the bed, I explored the room a bit more, knocking on the walls.

(I heard that some rooms have hollow walls, which were great for escaping. Sadly, there weren't any hollow walls..)

It seemed like three hours until Harry came back in the room again.

And this time, he was angry.. whatever happened when he was gone must have ticked him off.

"Bed. Now."