Bad News Bear

You're probably wondering who I am right now, because this is going to be my journal for the next few months or maybe even years. I'm Luna Parkes and I'm from LA. I was born here, and raised here, but there's just something about it I don't like. Maybe it's the constant sound of cars going by, or the excessive amount of tourists. I've always wanted something different, and now I'm getting that. I found an apartment complex in Toronto for cheap, and the jobs there are amazing. I'm a newly-grad, i studied to be a Nurse, and jobs are in demand, but not in LA. It seems like the only jobs that people want or need in LA are YouTubers or models. My parents approve of me, but they want me to stay here, to be here for the family. I told them that i need to be more independent, and this is the first step in doing that. Of course i will come around for Christmas, and for a few weeks in the Summer. My flights tomorrow and I've already said goodbye to my family, because right now it's 10:00 at night. My flight leaves at 6:00, the time difference is going to be tough, 4 hour difference. The person i will miss the most is my bestfriend, Lucy. We have been bestfriends since first grade, and we have spent almost every weekend together, doing the same thing every time, which is going to Kings games. I'll definitely miss her a lot, especially the weekend sleepovers, kings games, and skates. We have become good friends with Al, the usher that "protects" our section. We love the kings games, and i had to tell him i was moving and he looked upset, but I told him I would visit once a year. Lucy was just crushed when I told her I was moving, but she understood. She knew better opportunities were in Toronto, especially for me. Almost everyone understood, but I'm still anxious. We'll see how it goes.