C o l l i d e

{Harry's POV}

Draco Lucius Malfoy... he's always been quite strange. From his constantly being around his henchmen, Crabbe and Goyle... or his dad being tied up as a death eater... or the fact he puts honey in his coffee. I'll never quite understand him. I thought as I drifted off into space. I finally realized what was happening when Hermione shook me quite hard and said, "HARRY! Come on! We have so much homework to do... let's get to the library." Ron rolled his eyes behind Hermione's back, which made me laugh.

The walk to the library was long and slow. All of us were exhausted, especially with all this homework we've been getting. Once we got to the library, Hermione went to grab some books to help us, and I sat down beside Ron. Hermione quickly ran back, with what seemed to be at least 16 books. "Mione... what're all these books for..." Ron said with a large amount of question in his voice. Hermione replied, quite annoyed, "RONALD! Have you not realized we have a Defence Agaisnt Yhe Dark Arts scroll to fill, a History of Magic sheet, we need to research Venomous Tentacula and explain their use, AND two 18 paragraph Potion scrolls to finish by MONDAY!" ... "Well when I think of it that way... I suppose we do have a lot of work to finish..." Ron replied with the uttermost hint of disgust in his voice. "Of course, I've already done my Potions, Herbology, and History of Magic work.... I'm still so behind..." Hermione almost sobbed.

I couldn't focus on my work. I don't know what I was thinking about but it wasn't the hundreds of words Hermione had read about Defence. At least I'd already finished my Potions, Herbology, and History of Magic work. When I looked up at the clock it was 12:05 pm.

"Hermione... can we PLEASE go eat lunch... we can finish our work up in the common room!" I whined.
"Please... 'Mione, we're starving!" Ron agreed with me.
Hermione said annoyed, "FINE, but we have to finish all of our homework before dinner.." Ron and I sprang out of our seats and practically ran towards the library exit.

Halfway to the common room, I tragically just so happened to bump into the worst possible person to collide with. Draco. Malfoy.

"POTTER!" He screamed with distaste in his voice.
"Yes, all mighty king Draco Malfoy.." I said with a hint of sarcastic playfulness in my voice.

Wait, me? Playful? With DRACO MALFOY? I wonder where all this is coming from. "You just fucking ran into me... look all my books are scattered across the floor." At this point Ron and Hermione had already continued their way to the common room to drop of their stuff, so there was no point in trying to catch up now.

"Well, why don't you pick them up then?" I answered well rolling my eyes.
"Potter, you're absolutely foul."

"Can't help but say the same for you too, Malfoy."

Draco Malfoy and I have always had this ongoing feud since our first day at Hogwarts, when we were only 11. I've found it to be quite silly, but I suppose some things really do never change. Sometimes I think about trying to apologize to Dra- Malfoy... but... what's the point? We've been like this forever. He would never want to be my friend. Honestly, it doesn't seem like he wants to be ANYONES friend most of the time. Sometimes when I look at him I feel like I'm going to throw up.. but not in a bad way. I haven't quite figured out what it is yet.

—- time skip bc I'm cool —-

When we finished lunch, the three of us headed up to the Gryffindor common room. When we got to the portrait of the fat lady, we saw Neville sitting on the floor beside her. "Forgot the password again?" We all said in unison. "Yes... I don't know why I can't remember it..." Neville replied sadly. "Mangle Monk." Hermione said to the painting, and almost instantly it swung open revealing the home that is Gryffindor.

The common room was quite crowded, as it always was on a Saturday night. The three of us all managed to get our homework done, but not without many complaints from Ron. It was nearly 2am but the time the last book was closed and all the work pushed aside.

"I'm exhausted, I think I'll head up to bed now!" Hermione said with a huge smile on her face.

I looked at Ron and he nodded. All of us stood up, Hermione went to her dorm room, well Ron and I went to ours. I changed into my favourite pair of Pj's, which were the ones Molly helped Sirius make for Christmas a while back. When I laid in bed though, pyjamas weren't the thing on my mind. All I could think about until the moment I slipped into unconsciousness was Draco Malfoy...

Author is typing...

Hii! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! It's much longer than the last one, and quite a few things happen this time. I don't know if I'll always be this active with posting, but I'll try to get new chapters up as much as possible. Hope you guys enjoyed this one :)

-Kait <3