eleven

He had joined school a bit into the spring term. Jimin had found this out from the girls who constantly gossiped between them during lesson- the teacher was half deaf and frankly Jimin pitied her.
The girls were chatting about him having no chances of joining this school if it wasn't for his influential father or money.
That had Jimin thinking about something else other than the lesson going on at the moment.

His thoughts traveled so deep that he managed to completely overhear the bell ringing for lunch. He felt fingers tap his shoulder and shook his thoughts away, looking up to see Taehyung standing over him with a questioning look.
Jimin smiled and nodded towards the hallway.

Their friendship was not based on silence, but neither talked too much either, and simple motions like deciding where to go, or Taehyung's  "how are you" look or the soft gaze that Jimin  has when he slides his left over food to him, required no words.

They sat in their little hideout now, Jimin trying his best not to stare too much at Jungkook, Taehyung notices his struggle however, and when they were both done with their food- chicken nuggets as always- Taehyung called the boy over.

He introduced himself again, incase any of them had forgotten. But Jimin hasn't forgotten, the long hair, the biggish blazer who's shoulders dropped slightly off his actual shoulders.

"So Jungkook tell me about yourself." Taehyung prompted, not really looking at the boy himself, but rather eyeing what Jimin would do.
The boy tried to hide into himself, but when that had proven unsuccessful he straightened out and explained he was in his first year, and that he was the only one from his primary school to attend this school.
Not that it was an overly good thing.

He finished on the topic of his favourite class being P.E and fell into silence.

It wasn't really that Jimin didn't want to speak to the boy, or that he was too preoccupied with putting his lunchbox back together, or that he was looking for something in his bag; it was just the fact that the letter he had received that morning— and received would be badly said because the letter was tucked into his textbooks— was written with a scary amount of accuracy, that Jimin was only starting to realise now.
As he recalled the message word by word, he thought just how bad could a simple hello be?

Simple hellos were harmless.

"I'm...Jimin" he said, making sure not the let the ice set in between them in the short period of silence.

Jimin didn't say much about himself, Jungkook had vaguely commented about him being that "guy that came right before exams" and Taehyung added that Jimin's chicken nuggets were the best. Probably to add some humour to the conversation.

"So, why does sour Yoongi over here ask me to hide you in my little abode?" Taehyung asks out of nowhere, crossing his arms across his chest– which now made Jimin sure that it was just a habit of some sorts.
The sun outside bathed the room in a yellow filter, as if it were an old photo— and just as Jungkook were to answer, the bell, signifying the end of lunch, rang. As if the reaction to the bell was automated, the three of them stood up and made it out of the classroom, Jimin and Taehyung returning to their lessons on second floor.

As they walked down the stairs, Jimin noticed the boy holding the door open for the rest of the students as they piled in into the classroom. His shoulders were broad and Jimin figured he was quite a bit taller than himself. The boy looked back at the stairs and the two of them locked eyes for mere seconds- small smiles exchanged between the two of them.

"Come on Jimin, hurry up" Taehyung called.

On some occasions, Taehyung liked to skip class, however he never really dragged Jimin into it, there were instances in which he tried to convince him, bribe him with things he didn't have just for humour and even fake cry about not wanting to be lonely. However he always left Jimin alone after several declines and left for the fourth floor himself, making sure that no teacher would see him, and no soul would tell on him.

Today however, he grabbed Jimin by the wrist and led him to their hide out, it has been several days after they somewhat became friends with Jungkook and after walking him to his classroom, Taehyung decided not to continue with their usual route and turn right back.
On their way up, Jimin caught sight of the boy, he wasn't holding the door open for the rest of the students to come in, but rather seemed to be conflicted wether or not to enter, with his hand in a fist raised up ready to knock.

Amongst all of the commotion of being dragged up the stairs as quickly and quietly as possible, and trying to decide wether to enter the class or not, somewhere amongst those mixed thoughts, the two of them made eye contact again. Jimin quickly averted his gaze and began to run after Taehyung.

Once in the classroom he wanted to ask him what was so urgent, what was so important about missing class together.
But he didn't say anything and instead took a seat in his usual place and stared out the window. There were leaves flying in the breeze, and birds playing in the sky, but Jimin didn't want to see such a cinematic shot, so he turned away and looked at Taehyung instead. The boy was sitting right across him, eyes staring into nothingness. It scared Jimin a bit, how emotionless he could seem.

After a few moments of silence words finally left Taehyung.

"Hey Jimin... have you ever felt blue?"

Jimin raised an eyebrow, setting his elbows on the table and resting his head in his hands.

"But not as in... emotionally blue? Have you ever felt like your whole body was blue?"

Jimin looked at him, analysed his face for some sort of answers and clues, but there was nothing. Taehyung was good at showing his emotions, but he was even better at hiding them when necessary. It hurt him a bit, knowing that Taehyung would want to hide his own emotions from him.

" I feel blue Jimin. My whole body feels blue."