sixteen

Sometimes they were quiet.

In the classroom, sometimes they were quiet and didn't speak very much, or at all.
On days like these there seemed to be a mutual agreement between the five of them, that no one was really in the mood to have a conversation.
Today was one of those days, it was raining outside and the boys were busy with textbooks in front of them.
Some, like Jungkook, actually read the material and made notes, others- like Yoongi, only pretended to study; eyes not even focusing on the text in front of him.

Even though they didn't speak to each other, all shared one thought- the hope of rain stopping before the end of the school day.

Jimin flicked a few more pages, past the linear equations and onto quadratic formulas.
Between the smooth pages was an envelope.
His eyes quickly scanned the room, to make sure no one was watching out of boredom, and slipped it into his blazers inside breast pocket, leaving it for later- maybe before bed.
Before he could ponder more on the now familiar letter, the sound of book against floor startled him.
He looked at the source of the sound with wide eyes, only to find that Yoongi had dropped his textbook.

Taehyung glanced at it, it was geography.

"Listen guys, don't know what's up with us today, but we gotta fix up"

Everyone looked at him with questions written on their foreheads.
Yoongi sighed and kicked the textbook so it slid across the room into some corner. Somewhere where he could pretend for it to be lost and have an excuse to never look at it again.

"Well I was just thinking that today's weather is extremely dull, so we ought to make up for it by having some fun" he vaguely explained, his hand rubbing his chin in a comical manner before he pulled on a smile on his face.

"What...what do you mean, we have exams coming up" Seokjin muttered not looking up from his own work.

"Look at this room, impossible to study in such a dusty room. I say we take today's lunch break and clean the place up"

"We don't want to bring attention to this room, if a teacher were to come in and find everything cleaned up, what would they think? That the cleaner decided to go through this room too? Or that some students are clearly using it to their own advantage?" Taehyung finally said. He was the 'original' habitant of this classroom, so he felt a need to be in a position of power over this space.

"Well...maybe. But we've been hanging out in here for what? Just over two months. And not a single teacher has walked in. We don't bunk that much either."

Taehyung huffed and leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms against his chest.
Jimin smiled.

"I don't think it's too bad of an idea. It could use a bit less dust" he added gently, looking at Taehyung as if to give him the reassurance that nothing will go wrong if they do a bit of tidying up.
Cleaning dust has never killed anyone.

At lunch time that day, the boys began to move everything around, setting up the desks in a way in which everyone would be involved, but could also split into their own sub units if they wished. A semi circle of some sorts instead of being randomly scattered around.

They ripped off the white sheets off the rest of the furniture and then used them to wipe the dust off of surfaces. The windows were the most noticeable improvement. Now they were clear and you could see all the colours outside, though as of today it was only dark thunder clouds; unlike usually when they were tinted with grey.

The back of the classroom didn't remain sheeted for very long either. Yoongi moved on to pull off the white sheets quickly after finishing up with the rest. Rather excited to find what was behind it, though there was no logical reason to be as excited, given that the most likely objects behind the large white cloths were just more classroom furniture. That thought didn't bother him at all however, and with a strong pull and a cloud of thick dust after, he stood in front of a pile.

He would have called it a pile, but it resembled more a construction. Chairs stacked up very carefully, but without much system, so that they'd stay up. What were they on though? Yoongi wondered. And called over Seokjin to help him undo the work of someone a few years back.
It took a few braincells to figure out how to take off all the chairs without simply making them fall off and form what would truly be a pile. And a mess.

Finally a few minutes later, and figuring where to put the extra chairs, they stood in front of something yoongi knew too well.

A dark brown piano.