Ch. 1 Story of My Life

Skrt skrt skrt. Ratalouis was scampering down a Parisian street when he caught a glimpse of a beautiful rat making her way into the distance. No matter what he tried, that ratemoiselle would simply not get out, get out, get out of his head. With that One Thing consuming his mind, he chased after her. When he finally caught up to the gorgeous refined aristocrat, he placed his paw on her shoulder (?) (A/N: do rats have shoulders?).

"Hey babe," he squeaked smoothly. The beautiful rat, Eleanor, looked confused at the charming peasant rat who had just spoken to her.

"Do I know you?" she inquired.

"I'm Ratalouis. I'm gonna take you somewhere amazing, just trust me darling." He grabbed her paw and they went dashing down the streets of Paris and zigzagged between buildings, dodging humans' steps along the way.

Eleanor felt strange and out of place by letting this cute mischievous-looking rat guide her, but she was beginning to enjoy the feeling of taking a chance and breaking free from her rigid bourgeoisie routine.

At last, they arrived at the base of the unapologetically daunting Eiffel Tower. Ratalouis turned to her, grinned cheekily, and said, "Come along, darling. Only the bold ones reap the fruits of life."

With that, he began to ascend the looming tower. Eleanor took a deep breath and followed after him. Once they reached the top, they paused and took in the view around them.

Eleanor's crimson orbs dilated as she took in the hustle and bustle of the city. "It's beautiful up here!" she squeaked.

Ratalouis solidified his gaze on her and smirked as he said, "Not as beautiful as you, love. Nobody Compares To You™."

She blushed. Then, in a surprise to herself, she began to open up, saying, "You know, I come from a rigid, aristocratic background. None of the rats in my sphere would ever be as daring or forward as you. It's just so austere in my world," then she sighed and blushed some more, "thank you for helping me take a chance to break my own mold. You're quite endearing."

Ratalouis nodded knowingly, "I know what you mean, babe. I'm in the music business and it can get really restricting. Story Of My Life. But I think it's important for us to just Live While We're Young." After taking in the view some more, Ratalouis smirked and said, "I've got another adventure for us." They scampered down the Eiffel Tower together and arrived at a nice looking apartment.

"El, I've got some people I want you to meet."

They dashed through the rat door (this rat door is a modification in the normal human-sized apartment door. It's like a doggy door but for rats) and faced four beautiful British human boys.

"These are my boys," Ratalouis smirked as he rushed to the top of Harry's fluffy head of hair. Eleanor gasped.

"Humans?! How do you know them?"

"This is my band, One Direction," Ratalouis explained.

"Nice to meet you," said Niall.

"Nice to meet you," said Liam.

"Nice to meet you," said Zayn.

(All of the boys responded, except Harry because he was being controlled by Ratalouis.)

"Bringing a girl home on the first date?" Niall snickered.

"Shut up, lad," Ratalouis defended.

"Well, Eleanor, you seem lovely," Zayn winked, "would you like to see us perform?"

Eleanor emphatically squeaked, "Of course!"

The boys picked up their instruments and Ratalouis picked up Harry's thick locks of hair. Ratalouis counted off, "5 6 7 8!" and the boys began strumming and singing the song "What Makes You Beautiful". Ratalouis controlled Harry's head like a masterful puppeteer, working the surface area like it was a sixteenth century stradivarius violin. Through Ratalouis, Harry's vessel of a body was able to reach astounding pitches and rock out on the guitar. The masterful rat could truly tug on audience member's heartstrings by tugging on Harry's hair. Ratalouis kept his eyes on Eleanor the entire time and saw the way her eyes sparkled toward him. He meant every lyric and danmgn she felt that. He really did something.

As the performance ended, Eleanor clapped with her tiny rat paws. She felt as though it was the Best Song Ever.

"That was amazing!" she exclaimed, "No- it was more than amazing. That was fabulouis."

"There's more where that came from," said Niall.

"There's more where that came from," said Liam.

"There's more where that came from," said Zayn.

"Well, I think we better call it a night," Ratalouis smirked, hopped off of Harry Styles, and walked Eleanor to the rat door.

"It was lovely meeting you," Eleanor said.

"So I'll see you at 2:00 at the city fountain, babe," Ratalouis proposed.

Eleanor was flustered, "Wha- What?! I'd love- I mean- but-I have a schedule! I have a meeting with my humanities tutor-"

"Alright, it's a date!" Ratalouis smirked as he shoved Eleanor out the rat door and scurried back to his British boys. She lay outside the apartment in stark astonishment.

It's a date I guess, she thought to herself.