Sixteen

I walked into up to my locker and saw Ben waiting for me.

He was leaning against some lockers, his face was stone cold.

To others he looked menacing, to me he looked nervous.

"Hey" I greeted.

His face immediately lit up, his eyes sparkled, "hi"

I gave him a peck on his lips and opened my locker.

"Shouldn't you not do that in public?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "do what? Kiss you?"

He looked scared, "dont get me wrong, I love it, but aren't you scared of what people will think"

I closed my locker and turned to him, holding his face in my hands.

"The people in this town are very accepting, our principle is lesbian, it's okay" I said, "unless you're not comfortable with it, then I'll stop"

His eyes scanned the hallway full of students, none of them spared us a glance, except for a group of girls who smiled, one even shot us a thumbs up.

"They really don't mind? Don't care?"

"They don't" I smiled, "and even if they did, my feelings for you would be just as strong as they are now"

He beamed, leaning forward and kissing me passionately, well as passionately as appropriate for a high school hallway.

"Do you wanna go on a date with me?" He asked when he pulled away, the smile on his face was so bright and so full of happiness that I couldn't possibly not match  it.

"I would love to" I replied, kissing his cheek, "now come on we have class"

I grabbed his hand and dragged him to class, a smile still occupying both of our faces.

I know this was super short, but the next will be longer I promise.
Once again thank you for your support, vote and comment💕
-Penny