Please let it be true

Gwens heart broke as she watched Miles and Peter shrink away from her. She kept telling herself that she had to go home or her dimension needed her, but it did nothing, all she could do was watch the one she loved shrink away from her. She tore her eyes away and stared into the chaos she was falling into. She would've never looked back if it wasn't for him. "Gwen!" She heard his voice shout out, strained with desperation. She looked back, even at her distance from him she felt their eyes lock. Then she heard it, "I lo-" but she never got to hear the end, before she realized it she was staring at a starry night sky. She quickly torqued herself to face the ground and went to shoot a web but nothing happened, she couldn't move, she could only stare as the ground came hurtling toward her.

Gwen shot up, she was sweating, her eyes stung from crying. Her chest hurt. It's only when she went to get up that she realized she was clinging to the ceiling. She dropped down and opened her door, peeking into the hallway. Her dads door was open, he was still at work. She walked to the kitchen, the familiar creaks of the floor giving her a strange comfort. She reached the kitchen and grabbed a glass, filling it with water from the sink. Sitting down at the table, Gwen stared out into the city, trying to focus on anything but that dream, it had been a month before she had said goodbye to Miles and the others, but the pain was still as fresh as when it first happened. The memory was mostly painful for her, but there was one part that made her face flush and her heart race. Miles final words to her, "I love you". She knew that he never actually got to finish the sentence, but what else could he have been trying to say? Gwen felt hope flutter in her chest and she heard herself whisper "Please let it be true, please."  What was she doing? She had to make sure her city was safe, her city needed her, her city needed her, her city needed...Screw it. She stood up from her chair and went into her room. She threw on her suit and jumped out the window, swinging her way to Oscorp. Her city may need her, but she needed Miles more.