A cool breeze of false calm

Miles let out a burp as he finished his sandwich. Crumpling up the wrapper he threw it in his back and zipped it up. Miles sighed, it was time to head home, it was early morning, about 2 or 3, and the emotional rollercoaster he just rode wasnt helping his fatigue. But his sandwich sure did hit the spot.  Miles looked down from the ledge he was perched at all the passing people and cars. Taking a deep breath, and looking at his amazing city one last time, he jumped off. Twisting himself mid air so his back faced the ground, and threw his arm out. He shot a web connecting it to one of the street lamps. He was inches from the ground when his webs slack finally ran out and carried his momentum into a swing, launching him in the air.  "Spider-Man!!" People called up to him as he swung through the concrete jungle, running alongside traffic, showing off his spider skills, and even taking pictures with random people. "Thanks Spidey, keep up the great work!" The person he had just taken his last picture with "Will do!" Miles said in the best manly Brooklyn accent he could muster. Turning away  he leaped into the air and began his final swing home. As much as he liked being  Spider-Man, he was tired, really tried, and he needed to get back to his room, his parents were dropping him back off at Visions tomor- well actually in a couple hours. Miles didnt want to check the time, he knew it would make things worse if he saw how many hours of sleep he was gonna get, or rather lack of sleep, right now he was guessing 2 or 3, maybe even 4 if he was lucky. Finally after what felt like an eternity, he swung down his street. Landing underneath his window, Miles slowly crawled up the brick was to his room. He slowly slid the window up and crawled inside, making sure every single nerve in his body was in check so he didn't make the slightest sound. If his dad heard the smallest thing he would investigate, one of the great things about being Spider-Man and having a police officer as a dad, who doesn't particularly like Spider-Man. 'Gwen's dad is a cop...' Miles thought, but he shook it away, he need to stay focused. Finally, he made it to his bed,  stripped off his suit, and stashed it in his bag. Grabbing a T-shirt and throwing it on, he went to get a glass of water. He was walking to the kitchen when the floorboards creaked really loud. 'Oh no' Miles groaned internally, his spider sense already going off. It wasnt long before the quiet of the  house was ruined by "PDNY HANDS UP- oh hey Miles" his dad said, ignoring the fact that he actually just broke the door to his room. "Hey dad" Miles responded "Just getting something to drink". His dad smiled and said "Ok, good, awesome, coooool, I'm just gonna go back to bed, sorry if I like scared you or anything like that, I'm just gonna...yea, goodnight son" his dad managed to get out in his groggy state. Miles chuckled and got his drink, downed it in a few gulps and went back to his room. He crawled into bed and pulled the covers over himself. The window was still open and a chill blew into the room, Miles didn't mind though, he always thought the cool night air was calming. As he lay there and his mind began to wander, he kept thinking over and over about their goodbye, about how much his heart ached for her, and about how much he just wanted to hold her tight,  be with her, tell her about everything that's happened, tell her how he felt... Miles ended up shutting the window, tonight's breeze wasn't like any other, it felt like a cool breeze of false calm. Like a cat waiting to pounce on you any second, even though you had been petting it just seconds before. It unnerved him. Something was brewing deep in the city, he could feel it. Sleep eventually came to him, and what awaited him in his dreams was Gwen, running up to him, and holding him in a warm embrace, and as he drifted off, he could've sworn he could smell her fruity shampoo and heard her voice whisper in his ear "I love you". "I love you too gwen" Miles whispered before sleeps soft embrace took him.