The moment I've all been waiting for

Gwen pulled her hoodie on over her suit as she walked into Oscorp, scanning her badge as she walked through the doors. Oscorp was quiet, the few people working at the desks were wishing they could be anywhere else. Gwen gave them a nod as she passed them and walked into the elevator, typing floor 42 into the key pad. Looking down as the elevator started towards its destination, Gwen started thinking outloud about how to ask Dr. Connors about interdimensional travel, maybe

'Hey Doc, would you happen to know anything about interdimensional travel or do we have anything here at Oscorp that would travel to different dimensions?' No, to forward, how about 'Dooooc, Doctoor, Docto. Any way you could help me travel to another dim-' Definitely not. 'Dr. Connors I'm trying to get to the love of my life who happens to live in another dimension so you're gonna help me or I'm going to kick your ass' Perfect.

The voice in the elevator called out the floor number, 42. 'Deep breaths' Gwen though to herself as the doors opened. Gwen stepped out, the hallway was empty, but she saw a light on in Dr. Connors office, she peered in and saw him working on papers. Knocking on the door she heard his voice call out to come in. Opening the door, Gwen saw a look of confusion take his face

"Gwen? What are you doing here at this time of night?" Deciding to ignore his question Gwen got straight to the point "Dr. Connors, I have a question about interdimensional travel"
Conners leaned back in his chair, "ask away" he said, motioning for her to continue. Gwen sat in the chair opposite of him and began bullshitting

"Ok, so I've been wondering about quantum theory and all the other dimensions and I was wondering if it would be possible to visit them?"

Conner ran a hand through his hair and sat for a minute, he then spoke "Well Gwen, we dont have any technology ready for that kind of use here at Oscorp"

"Please!" Gwen pleaded, panic taking control, "Isn't there anything? Anyone?" Gwen asked, begging for an answer. Connors looked at his pupil, and sighed "Look I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure Alchemax is working on something like that" Before Gwen could get a word out, Connors continued, pulling something out of his desk "Here, this is a badge that'll give you access to their labs, if they are working on an interdimensional travel device, its gonna be guarded, but again this badge should get you to where you need to go"

Gwen sat in amazement, "How... do you know all of this? And the badge?"

Conners silenced her with a wave of his hand, "You are aware these elevators have microphones right? And security cameras, I heard you talking to yourself"

Gwen's face flushed red "So you heard me...?" Connors smiled "Well when I got a notification that someone was headed to floor 42, I checked into it, I figured I'd help you find 'The love of your life' so I made you a key card with all level access before you made it to this floor"

Gwen smiled, "Thank you Dr. Connors, thank you so much, you dont know how much this me-" but Connors cut her off "No need, just be careful, and dont start an internship at Alchemax" he said with a chuckle.

Gwen laughed, "Don't worry Doc, I'll be alright" and turned to leave. She was halfway out the door when she heard Connors call to her "Oh! And Gwen?"

Gwen turned "yea?" She said, "Thanks for not kicking my ass" Connors said with a smile. Gwen let out a nervous laugh and waved goodbye, making her way towards the elevator and out of Oscorp, quickly stopping by a store room and grabbing a clean white lab coat.

Once outside, Gwen pulled her hoodie off and her mask on. Stuffing the hoodie in her bag, she began making her way to Alchemax, she felt warm, knowing that she was one step closer to Miles.