Ying and Yang

So, before the chapter begins, I dont have any excuse as to why this story has taken forever to kick start again. In the time that I've been absent things have been insane. All I can do is apologize once more and give you guys the story you've been wanting. But welcome back! And here you are my fellow readers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gwen laid down on the empire state building, the cool metal helped calm her thoughts. She look at the dimension device still on her arm, it looked to be functioning, thank god, she was not about to get stuck in this dimension again, although with miles here it wouldnt be absolutely terrible.
Gwen sat up, trying to think of ways to get to him, she had never actually been to his house, she'd only seen him at school, at Aunt May's, and everywhere else expect his house. Standing up she figured the best place to start would be the school. Just as she was about to leap, a flash of pain that seemed to reach ever nerve she had send her body staggering backwards and onto her back

"Oh, right" Gwen though, the cell destabilization was a thing, although they were much stronger than she remembers. Just as she sat up again and the pain was fading, she heard a faint beeping coming from her wrist. On the device was a little hexagonal blue button flashing rhythmically. Gwen raised an eyebrow, there wasnt any writing on it and this was a device for hopping dimension, theres no telling what this little "innocent" looking blue button would do. But considering her current situation what couldn't hurt? Certainly not as much as the glitch she just experience. "Screw it" she said aloud to herself and pressed the button. A soft blue glow formed around here suit and the little blue light grew mechanical insect type legs, crawled along her arm and onto her neck where it planted itself. Gwen felt woozy for a moment but it went away immediately when a robotic voice said (in the style of subnautica's cyclops voice) Cell stabilization device secure, you have:7 days: of cellular preservation.

Gwen felt a wave of relief, and a new wave of nervousness. Now she had a time limit, given it was a week but still... A TIME LIMIT?!?! "Very original" She though as she leaped off the building, attaching her web to some random sky scraper and letting the momentum throw her forward into the night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miles tossed in his sleep, the cool breeze drifted through his window, sending chills down his spine. His eyes flickered open as he sat up, fully awake. Something had set his spider sense off, but there was nothing. He check the time, 2:47pm, and got up out of bed. Walking into his living room Miles looked around, nothing, except his dad and mom snoring like drunk bears. But his spider sense was still being set off, not strong, but enough to not let him fall back asleep.  Walking back to his room in defeat, he slipped on his suit, and jumped out his window, swinging down the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would you stop?!" Gwen shouted, nearly missing a lamppost. Her spider sense had been going off non stop, and it was starting to get annoying, not to mention distracting, that was the 3rd time she had almost swung into something. Finally she gave up and landed on the side of a building. She climbed to the top and sat for a minute, taking a breather and taking in New York. It wasnt mich different than hers, a bit darker and but somewhat more vibrant. She had started to doze off when her spider sense rose again, this time stronger, and it was quickly followed by an explosion, somewhere in Brooklyn in looked like. Gwen's heart started racing, Miles would be there, I mean if he was anything like she remembered, he would be there. Plus all the people who could be injured definitely needed to be helped or evacuated. Gwen jumped off and swung towards eminent danger, her excitement growing with each swing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miles had been a couple blocks away when he heard the deafening boom, followed by rubble falling and sirens wailing. Landing on the street he shot 2 webs onto the sides of two opposite buildings. He connected them and started walking back, when he felt the webs start to barely give way, he unstuck his feet from the ground and launched himself towards the smoke, screams, and sirens.

Arriving on the scene he survey the area, one of the old brick apartments it looked like had exploded, the side was destroyed and flames engulfed the building, looking down he saw the fire department, he jumped off the building and met up with one of the firemen. "Spider man!" The woman said, running up to him, "Is everyone evacuated?" Miles asked, all the while taking glances and the building. "Almost!" She said "we were able to evacuate everyone below the 13th floor, but the we're unsure about 14th and 15th, we sent a group in but they couldnt make it past, the flames, they're spread too much!". "Alright, I'll be right back" Miles said running towards the building, he used his webs to pull himself in the air as high as he could go, then wrapped around the building, trying to find an entrance to the floors above the flames, but they were rising fast, he had to hurry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gwen made it to the scene, the fire department was working trying to put out the fire, but the flames just kept growing. She hopped down off the room and landed next to a firefighter, who turned around and looked very confused. "Spider!...woman?, theres 2 of you?" She asked, this made Gwen's heart jump even more, Miles was here!...and he was possibly in a damn burning building! "Yes theres two of us, is everyone evacuated?" Gwen said hurriedly, "Has spiderman come out yet?" She asked. "He has been but hes been in and out but he just went back in, do a final search. "How long ago was that?" Gwen asked, "Abkut 15 minutes ago, I'm not sur- hey wait!" She yelled as Gwen rushed the building, connecting her web to a lamppost and swinging around it. Gaining momentum, launched herself onto the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miles staggered through the hallways of floor 15, "HELLOOOO" he tried to yell over the flames and sirens, he didnt hear anyone, and he had been over the whole floor once, so he began looking for the window, or hell even a weak wall would do. He rounded a corner and relief washed over him,  at the end of the hallway, he saw a window, the perfect size and shape. Just then his spider sense flared up, strong, and paralyzing, he heard and felt the roof and supports start to give way. He wasted no time and sprinted at the window, thr floor and ceiling caving in behind him, embers and being of wood burned through his suit and scorched his skin by he kept running. Just as he was 13 feet away from the window, a white and black figure crossed over it, it almost looked like...Gwen? 'Smoke hallucinations? Not good!' He thought to himself as he sprinted even harder and dove through the window, smashing into the supposed hallucination, although he soon realized it wasnt the smoke, it was actually Gwen! His pain and burns disappeared as he wrapped his arms around her, and she did the same, they both shot out a bed and swung down the street, away from the fire. Civilians that day, say that they almost looked like ying and yang, a very mess up ying and yang.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Landing on some distant roof top, they collapsed and just lay on the cool metal, not saying anything. Finally, Miles spoke, "Gwen?" He said softly "Yea?", "Its really, really good to see you".

End of Chapter 7, again, sorry for the wait.