chapter 3

Bull's pov **

I watched as the truck drove away. Cal is still at my side. We were leaning against his truck. "Does she know that you can kill a man with your bare hands?"

"Yep!" We didn't look at each other. We didn't have to. "I won't let anyone hurt her. There's just something about her that called to my dark soul. That bastard wanted her to dance for me and fuck me in front of everyone in the bar. When she refused, he beat her unconscious outside my bar. I stopped him before he killed her. Now she's mine." He nodded his understanding.

"How far do you want this house to burn?"

"Until there's nothing left. All those rats moved in without her consent. They didn't give a fuck if she was there or not. As long as she paid the bills. There were pictures of a couple guys beating her. She was bloody by the time they started raping her. I want nothing left for them to survive on."

"Gotcha. Here comes Patrick Jones. He's trying to make a name for himself." Cal mumbled.

I saw who he was talking about. He stood about six feet tall, blonde hair, slender build. He was swaggering as if he was a real badass. False courage for a coward.

"I'm looking for Sara Murray. Either of you know where she is?" He asked without any introduction.

"And you are?" I asked sarcastically.

"None of your damn business. Where is she?"

"Recovering."

"From?"

"None of your damn business."

"She is my business. As is her boyfriend."

I look him in the eye as I rise to my full height. "She's not your business. She's mine."

"She's with my brother."

"She was. But not now. So go fuck off."

"Bullshit!"

"Boy! You about to get your ass kicked. If you were so concerned about her safety, you should've kept your brother from beating the fuck outta her. But he won't do it again. Now, fuck off."

"Where's Ronald? I haven't seen him either."

"Last I saw him, he was unconscious on my parking lot. That's where I left him after I caught him knocking Sara around."

"And what parking lot would that be?"

"The Black Jack's." His face paled. He turned and walked away. Everyone on the outside thought that all we did there was fight and fuck. The truth is that we only fought a few times a year. But I stop the fucking. What they do in the compound, is their own business.

"Told you that he was a badass!" Cal laughed out loud. Several heads turned our way.

"That may lead trouble to my door. Awfully weird that he asked about Sara, before his brother. Don't ya think?"

"Yeah, now that you mention it. Where's her parents?"

"Mom ran off when she was two. Dad raised her in this house until he died just after her high school graduation, two years ago. That's when the rats moved in on her. They took over everything. Now this incident with Jones. Makes me wonder if her mother is closer than we think."

"Want me to look into it?"

"If you want. I'm going to, when I get back home." By now, the house was on the ground. The walls were caved in with the roof and the fire was burning lower. Over the next half hour, the fire was reduced to embers and only the hotspots were smoking. There was nothing left. My phone rang with Viking's number. I knew that he went with Doc and Sara. I answered it instantly. "Yeah?"