chapter 8

I follow Paxton back to the bar. We are met by my brothers and Cal. I stayed beside Paxton the entire time he was looking at the pry marks. "It looks like a claw hammer or small crowbar." I said, although I meant to only think it.

Pax looked at me with a small smile. "That's exactly what I was thinking. Good eye, little girl!"

"You actually still call her that? Bull! We should educate you on nicknames." Cal said teasingly.

"Don't you dare! I like the way only he calls me that."

"If you say so." He lifted a shoulder. I smiled and nodded.

"I need to look at the security cameras. Seems awfully odd that they would wait until I was gone all night to try and break in. I have never spent a whole night away. We have never had a break in." Bull said as he unlocked the door and disarmed the alarm.

We walked into the bar and I went to the kitchen to start breakfast. By the time I have breakfast ready for the table, the guys are back. I put everything on the table as Jackson sauntered into the room. "Morning everyone. Good morning Sara, how are you this morning?"

"I'm great! You?"

"Better now. Did you make enough for me too?"

"Of course! I have learned to cook extra around all these giants."

Everyone chuckled as they sat down to fill their plates. The five men tucked into their eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy, with silent gusto. The dozen and a half eggs disappeared quickly. I ate a lot also. After all that Pax did to me last night, I was starving.

"That was very delicious little bit! Thank you!" Jackson said as he pushed his plate away.

"Thank you. Did everyone get enough?"

"Yep!" Everyone replied.

"Where in the world did you learn to cook like that?" Cal asked.

"My dad taught me." I stand and start to clear the table.

Viking stood. "Let us get this little sister. Looks like you had a long night."

I blushed, they all knew that Paxton stayed with me at the motel. They all now know that he doesn't keep his hands to himself. He has kept a hand on my thigh or back since we sat to eat. I like the whole feeling of belonging to someone who loves me for myself, not what I can do for them.

I sit back down. Paxton leans over to me and whispered. "I love you, my Sara!"

I return the gesture. I whispered softly as I let my lips graze his ear. "I love you too, my Paxton." He moaned as I spoke. I grinned as I pulled away.

"So now I understand why I received a call last night that there were noise complaints at the motel. When they told me the room number, I told them to move all the other occupants to different rooms, away from yours."

"Oh God, take my life now!" I said as I covered my face in shame. I knew that my face was blood red. "It is bad enough for the clerk to call us. But you all found out about it. I'm done! No more sex!"

"Now wait just a damn fuckin minute! You can't do that to me! You started it!" Paxton acted offended at the idea.

"It's not my fault. You're the one who cussed out the clerk when he called."

"He's the one who stopped just short of calling you a whore. He deserved a lot more than a few cuss words. He's lucky that I didn't beat the fuck out of him for that alone."

I leaned over again, just as before. "We had other, better ways to spend your energy."

"Yep! Making more noise!" He laughed.