The Kingdom

3rd POV
A young man sat on the porch of his house, looking at the rusty sword his father has given to him before he passed, leaving him with a crazy widowed mother.
He stood up and began to walk away until he heard his house door slowly open, revealing a small girl with green eyes.
Y/N: hey Pyrrha....
Pyrrha: where going big brother?
Y/N: I'm....going out.
Pyrrha: mom wants you to train, she wants you to get a job, being a knight.
Y/N: I know all about it, it's just watching a castle to make sure that no one tries to kill the king or his spawn.
Pyrrha walked out of the house, she was only up to Y/N's knee.
Pyrrha: do it for mom.
Y/N: *sigh* I'm going out to get a better sword.... you hold onto this, show it off to that blonde boy next door.
She looked to her left to see Jaune, the boy she likes, being tackled by his sisters.
Jaune: I will have freedom!
Pyrrha blushes slightly.
Y/N: I'll be back before the job thing...proving, whatever it's called even starts.
Y/N put his hands in his pockets and walked off, he was poor, like a good majority of the people outside the kingdom, but they were definitely happier than those inside.
Meanwhile in the castle.
A curtain was pulled open in a room.
Velvet: wake up princess, you have to see your father in the main hall, you're helping with the proving.
A blonde haired, 18 year old princess with lilac purple eyes sat up and stretched, it was Yang, of the Xiao Long family.
Yang: it's the same thing every year, we pick the less mediocre one, it's nothing important.
Velvet: not important! Princess if I may be so bold, those men can defend our kingdom.
Yang: well....I hope you're right.
Velvet: I picked this dress out for you, show the boys who they are really protecting.
5 minutes later

Yang: I have to say Velvet, you've outdone yourself yet again, I love this dress

Velvet: I'm so glad you like it, let me go get your sister dressed, remember, smile my princess.
Yang smiled as Velvet left the room, she then sighed as she sat on the bed, holding her head.
Yang: first this knighting thing, then they will find a prince in the coming months, this stinks.
Meanwhile with Y/N.
Y/N ran threw the forest as a pack of Beowulves chased after him.
Y/N: the day I give the sword to Pyrrha!
He jumped over a log and fell to the ground. He quickly got himself together and continued to run, pushing branches and anything in his way aside. He could hear the Grimm behind him roaring and growling.
Y/N made a sharp turn to his right, only to fall down the side of a hill into a lake. He surfaced and spit the water out, tasted dirty, but somehow fresh at the same time. He looked up on top of the hill to see the Beowulves growing, their hairs standing up.
Y/N: need to get away!
He swam to the shore and got up on his feet, though the Grimm didn't move from the spot, they just watched him like a hawk.
Y/N: I don't have a good feeling about that.
The lake began to shimmer and shine a light blue and white, scaring off the Grimm and causing them to retreat back into the woods.
Y/N: I definitely am seeing things.
A pillar rose from the water, a feminine figure stood in the middle, facing away from Y/N.
?????: Hello There.
Y/N: uh hi?
She turned around to look at him.

Y/N: uh hi?She turned around to look at him

?????: are you.....the one?
Y/N: I honestly don't know what you're talking about.
?????: I am the lady of the lake, you've disturbed me, now I must ask you, are you the one?
Y/N: I don't mean to be rude but could you elaborate more?
She giggled, every time she spoke or made a sound there was a small echo after it.
LOTL: how cute, just step forward for me the young man, I must ask, how old are you?
Y/N: 19 years of age.
LOTL: so just recently you've become a man.
Y/N stepped forward to have white stone appear under his feet. He continued walking to see an alter with a golden hilted sword sticking out of it.
Y/N: what's this? A sword in a stone?
LOTL: pull on it young child, I want to see something.
Y/N wrapped his hands around the hilt of the sword and breathed out.
Meanwhile in the village.
Young men went on a carriage and rode into the kingdom, to all try and become knights to protect the royal family.
Pyrrha: come on Y/N, where are you?