The Ceremony

Y/N POV
I stood behind everyone else as this tiny old lacy led us through the castle.
Gredna: this is just a hall, these rooms are where you will sleep, it's alright after a long day of work.
Dutch: what else do you have for us?
Gredna: did I ask for you to speak?
Dutch: well I-
She used the stick she used as a cane and hit him in the hand, making the sound of a whip.
Dutch: Ow!
Gredna: one of you will be guarded the Princesses' room, I sincerely hope you are all mannered, The last thing we need is one of you peeking in.
Dutch: believe me, I wo- Ow!
She whacked him with the stick again.
Ren: Dutch, just stifle.
She then hit Ren in the hand.
Ren: Jeez!
Gredna: shut up! Now where was I?
Timeskip two hours.
Gredna: and that's the end of the tour, are there any questions?
Dutch: when is lunch?
Gredna sighed as she looked out the window.
Gredna: now is lunchtime. You have forty five minutes to eat, starting now.
We all ran outside to see all the guards lining up for a bowl of stew.
Dutch: oh boy! Oh boy!
We made it to the front of the line.
Dutch: what delight do you have for us?
Chef: Bear.
He grabbed the wooden spoon and the wooden bowl, put three scoops from a massive iron pot and gave it to Dutch. Dutch grabbed the stew and everyone else followed. I sat down after getting my bowl and began to eat.
Sun: this is so greasy.
Mercury: honesty, it feels like it just slid down my throat without any chewing.
Me: I mean, it could be worse, atleast it's something in our stomachs.
Sun: I guess that's always a plus.
Me: so Sun, where are you from? We joined together, might as well get to know eachother.
Sun: I was just a beggar on the streets, went through the trash for every meal, well I heard about this happening so now that I'm 18, I can join. So here I am, a beggar turned almost knight.
Dutch: honestly I wanted to get away from the village merchant, my father, Roman Torchwick, I just had enough of what he had to say, that's my story.
Ren: my father wanted me to do this to help with money coming into our house.
Me: yeah....I have the same story with that one, but it was my mother who pushed me, though I did it for my little sister...what about you Mercury?
Mercury: needed to get away from my girlfriend to think things out.....she cheated on me.
Me: well....I'm sorry about that.
Mercury: it's fine, I just need time to think.
3rd POV
Yang looked out the window to see the knights eating the bear stew. She sighed as she heard the sound of heels clicking. She looked to her right to see Ruby trying to walk.
Yang: hello sister.
Ruby: hello....how do you walk in these things? I can't do this for the life of me.
Yang: I just do......
Ruby: is everything alright?
Yang: yeah....I'm fine...just thinking about life, about our positions as Princesses and such.
Ruby: it's the good life for the most part, come on, Constantine made a bisque.
Yang smiled as she followed Ruby to the good area to have the bisque.
Meanwhile
Dutch drank the bear broth and put the bowl down.
Dutch: definitely greasy, but it was definitely filling.
Y/N: I only met you today and you already amaze me Dutch.
Dutch: it was surprisingly good once you get past the game.
Sun smirked before putting another piece of bear in his mouth.
Sun: I see what you mean.
Everyone finished their bowls and stood up, heading into the back of the castle as the flames ignited, creating a glow. The commander stood as the other knights went to their knees, with the exception of the five that were recently picked.
Commander: Dutch, House of Torchwick, step forward.
Dutch went to the Commander and went to one knee. The commander pulled out a sword and gently touched each shoulder.
Commander: to Protect, to fight, to live. You are now a knight.
Knights: Hazzah!
Dutch took a step back as Ren stepped forward:
Commander: to Protect, to fight, to live. You are now a knight.
Knights: Hazzah!
Ren stepped back as Y/N stepped forward.
Commander: to Protect, to fight, to live. You are now a knight.
Knights: Hazzah!
Y/N stepped back as Mercury passed him, going to one knee and breathing out heavily.
Commander: to Protect, to fight, to live. You are now a knight.
Knights: Hazzah!
Finally Sun went up and went to one knee.
Commander: to Protect, to fight, to live. You are now a knight.
Knights: Hazzah!
Commander: alright you punks, you start tomorrow! I better see you right as the sun rises over the horizon, here is your armor, I better see this shined to perfection or else I'll put you on cooking duty!
The 5: Yes Sir!
Commander: good! Now get out of my site, you have permission to go into the kingdom and get some drinks, you better enjoy tonight, because tomorrow you're all mine!
The 5: Yes Sir!
The commander nodded before walking away, the knights all went back to their feet and walked in their own directions.
Y/N sighed as he walked to the front of the castle with the others.
Dutch: alright guys! First round is on me!
Everyone cheered as they went to the bar for a drink. They entered to see a bunch of people drinking with a bunch of pretty bar maids, wearing tight get ups and showing a lot of cleavage.
Dutch: we don't have this in the village!
Ren: take it easy big guy, you still need to buy our drinks.
Dutch: Bartender! I need five of your strongest drinks! We are going to town!
The bartender nodded and put out full mugs of Rum and whiskey mix.
Dutch: my fellow friends, this is a good day!
He lifted the mug and downed it. The five put their mugs together and then all continued to down it together.
An hour later
????: what else can I get for you?
The girl smiled as Dutch was having trouble getting his words together.
Dutch: I would like uh....uh
Mercury: gets yours words togehtas ma'am.
Y/N: hey....youse a bit droonks.
Ren: what's I wants is yours names cutis.....
The barmaid giggled.
?????: I'm Nora, if that helps you out some.
Ren: That's a bootifuel name Nora.....oh sh-
His head slammed into the table.