2

• Edited and Rewritten •

"I've always resented mirrors for their honesty." -Atticus

He looked at my son.

"Mine." He spoke quietly and looked at Elliot.

"My baby." He blank 3 times to see clearer.

I think Ian caught on that Elliot was his son because Elliot had his brown hair and brown eyes. While he had my nose and lip shape.

He leaned in to pick up Elliot, and something snapped, my brain didn't let me do it. I hugged Elliot closer and hid his face in the crook of my neck.

"May I please come in?" He looked at me with sorrowful eyes.

"No, you may not." I said in a stern voice.

"Please, I beg of you. I want to see my son." His brows knitted.

"We're having a party at the moment. He's not yours Ian..." I said lowly as I tried to shut the door.

"Let. Me. In." He said in an aggressive voice.

Her eyes widened, she felt a wave of fear before going back to feeling neutral.

"Like I said, he's not yours." Her Jaw tightened.

"What is all of this commotion?" My mom walked to the door.

"O-oh." She stuttered shocked.

"I think you should go. I don't think right now is a good time to talk, or ever. Just go back to your expensive mansion and never return. I don't have any business with you." I handed Elliot over to my mom.

"I'll be back." He whispered in my ear.

No❤️ I thought to myself.

•IAN•

I walked off of her porch and headed to my car. I hit my steering wheel before leaving my parking spot and headed home.

I didn't for what she had said. I am going to go back and talk to her. She has to know that I made a mistake!

After 27 minutes of driving I arrived to my mansion.

I opened my door to be surprised by my mother sipping tea in the dining room.

"Hey ma, what are you doing here?" I asked as I walked towards her.

"What? Can't a mother come visit her son. Besides, your fathers at a meeting and I'm bored. Wanna watch a movie? Your brother and sister are in the theatre room." She said as she got up from her seat to hug me.

"Sure." I said as we walked to the theatre room.

We entered the room and my younger brother and younger sister waved at me.

"What are you guys watching?" I asked as I sat in a seat.

"The boy." My brother Justin said with his eyes on the screen.

"Isn't that a horror movie?" My mother sat next to me.

"Yeah, but it's not even scary. Low key rooting for Brahms." My sister Krista said.

"Uhm- okay.." I said as I watched the movie.

——————

After the movie we went back to the dining room to eat dinner.

"Is dad coming?" I asked.

"Yeah, he said he'll be here in few minutes." My mom said as she read something off of her IPhone.

"Well, how's school? Do you guys have good grades?" I asked my siblings.

"It's good. I have mostly A's and B's." Krista said.

"I have B's and C's. At least it's still passing grade." Justin said.

"Fair enough." I nodded.

"Oh, hey dad!" Ian got up to hug his dad.

"Hey Ian." He hugged him back.

"Hey guys." He took a seat.

"How was the meeting?" Mom asked.

"It was good. Thank god I'm not the CEO anymore though. My back hurts from that simple meeting about the party in 5 weeks." Dad said as he looked at mom.

"What did you do after work? You came home an hour later than you usually do Ian." Mom said as she turned to face him.

He was quiet.

"I saw her." He said as he crossed his arms.

"Who are you talking about? You knows there's 7 billion people in the world?" Krista said.

"IsaBella." He spoke.

"IsaBella? You-you saw her? But- how?" My mother said very curious.

"A son." I said.

"What? I'm confused now.. I know you're my so..". I cut her off.

"We have a son." My mother fainted.

———————