Chapter Four: A Solo Rescue Mission

Out on the dessert highway, in the calm of the night, Braedey races along with his Transformer, travelling along at over 120mph, the engine rumbling along, as he grins from ear to ear. The feeling of this insane amount of power at his fingers, it was almost intoxicating to him, but he shook his head from those thoughts, all the while smiling.

"This is one set of wheels I am keeping forever." Braedey commented to himself, as he dives right past a 60mph speed limit sign in a blur. But then, he hears the sound of police sirens behind him, along with flashing red and blue lights behind his car. "Oh, great. It's Sheriff Johnson." Braedey groaned in annoyance.

Sheriff Johnson is the local Sheriff around town. He is a very strict man with little to no sense of humour. He dislikes Vert to no end. Sheriff Johnson is capable of chasing and confronting Vert in his police car over nothing little more than just the speed limit.

"Let's see that lousy Sheriff catch up with this!" Braedey slams his foot right down on the accelerator, and the Transformer rockets ahead in a blur, much to Johnson's shock and horror.

"Ha! I have the fastest machine on the planet!" Braedey laughed, then slows his car down, entering a nearby garage, which heads down to the Hub. He comes to a stop at an empty bay, and climbs out of his car. He notices that everyone else weren't home at the moment, and it was awfully quiet. "Sage? Vert? Anyone home?" He called out.

"Braedey." Sage appears out of thin-air, hovering a few feet above the brunette, while looking over one of the large holo-screens. "Glad you are back from your nightly drive." She said to him.

"Sage, where are the others?" Braedey asked the Sentient.

"They've gone off to a Battlezone to retrieve another Battle Key from the Vandals." Sage replies to him, now turning to face the brunette. "As for you, I managed to detect a smaller stormshock nearby. Unfortunately, it had consumed a civilian and his vehicle not too long ago."

"So, a civilian trapped in the Battlezone." Braedey sighed in disbelief, then looks serious to the Sentient. "I'll go and get that person, and bring him back unharmed."

"I've created a modified Battle Key for you, so you can get in and out of the Battlezone." Sage brings up a clear blue Battle Key with a gear in the centre, and hands it to Braedey, who places it on the front of his car. "Once you find the civilian, you must bring him back to the Hub."

"Why bring him here?" Braedey asked the Sentient.

"I picked up something of Sentient significance emanating from his vehicle, and it might be important." Sage replied. "If if falls into Sark or Vandal hands, all may be lost."

"I'm on my way!" Braedey saluted, jumps back into his car, and races out of the Hub.

~*~*~

A moment later, Braedey and his Transformer race along the desert floor. He races at speeds close to 200mph, leaving only a trail of dust in his wake. But, as he does so, he sees something just ahead of him. He slammed his feet down on the brakes, forcing his car to a halt, as he looks what's ahead of him.

There was a lone white/silver trailer sitting in the middle of the desert, along with what could be a small excavation site nearby it. The cables and chains on the trailer look to have been snapped clean, and there were some tyre treads left behind, and they look like 4x4 tyres.

 The cables and chains on the trailer look to have been snapped clean, and there were some tyre treads left behind, and they look like 4x4 tyres