a d-d-date? (or "Damn You Denki")

Midoriya sat awkwardly on the bench outside of the movie theaters waiting for a familiar head of blonde. He checked the calendar, wondering why Kaminari would want to hang out together on Valentine's Day. Unless--

No. That can't possibly be it. Wait, he might be bi???

[Wtf am I doing? What even is this book?]

Midoriya spotted Y/n walking near just as he was about to leave.

"Hey Y/n! What are you doing here?"

The girl's eyes widened in surprise, but then immediately went back to normal, if not for the pinkish blush, as a smile came and decorated her delicate face.

"Deku! What are you doing here?" she asked, puzzled.

"W-well, actually, Kaminari invited me here yesterday, but I don't see him. What about you?"

"Hey! That sly mother-- hugger! Yep, hugger. He loves hugging my mom. And his too! But, yeah. He invited me here, too," Y/n responded.

Midoriya shrugged and scratched the back of his neck. "Why don't we just watch a movie together since we're already here?"

Y/n cocked her head to the side. "Like a date?" her steady voice not giving away the racing of her heart.

"A d-d-date?" His eyes widened and his face flushed red. "Uh yeah! Like a dat, I guess."

"Sweet."

The two headed inside to choose their seats and a movie.

•••EXTRA•••

"Fuck yeah! My plan worked."

Sero rolled his eyes. "You sure you're not jealous bro?"

Denki shook his blonde head. "Of course not!"

"Then why are we spying on them?"