ground beta , 21:00

2 months later

"You like Y/n, dont you." It wasn't a question, Denki knew that for sure. It was most likely because they've known each other for so long that Sero was able to pick up on these kinds of things. And thank the heavens he did because Y/n was absolutely 100% oblivious. At least, that's what he liked to tell himself.

Denki stared down at the video game console controller gripped tightly in his hands. Biting his lip, he managed to lift his head and meet the ravenette's coal eyes. Sero wasn't smiling.

"I-- yeah. But, it's too late anyways. She's already dating Deku," he explained.

"I heard they broke up last week."

Those seven words brought his racing heart beat to a slow. "Why?" was all that managed to escape his mouth.

Sero sighed and out his own controller on the floor before opening his water bottle and taking a sip. "It's a bit warm in here, dont you think?"

Denki jumped to his feet in order to gain the height advantage on the taller boy. "Whymst the fuck, Hanta? Don't change the fucking topic."

He pulled out a cream envelope, way too fancy to be his own. "Here."

Denki took the envelope from Sero with a wavered breath. "What... what is this?"

"Read it, you idiot," Sero said after watching Denki marvel at it for more than a minute.

Denki tore open the delicate envelope to find a letter inside.

Ground Beta , 21:00