Chapter 13

Le Xiao asked Mao to accompany her in buying clothes so they are now in Mall X, one of the largest and expensive mall in China. To her disappointment that morning, she checked and rechecked the previous owners clothes but all of the clothes that she was seeing are really too short and bold for her. She almost gave up when she manage to find a knee length sleeveless mint green dress with flower prints. She figured it was the most decent one in her wardrobe so she wore it to go shopping. She paired it with a mini beige sling bag and a beige gladiator sandals. She had also asked Mao to tie her black hair and now it is tied in a long ponytail.

She thought she looked decent enough for this modern world, but what she didn't know is that with her outfit, she actually looked younger. With her face free of make-up, she embodied a fresh and youthful glow that is like a newly arrived spring.

People can't help but stare at her when she passed by them and in their hearts, they felt like they have been blessed by a fairy goddess. But due to her denseness, she didn't notice the admiring glances thrown her way. Mao however felt pride and joy for her young lady. It doesn't matter that she doesn't recognize the look that others give her, after all, the Gods and Goddesses at the top of the food chain doesn't care about petty stuff. It is enough that she as a faithful servant recognizes the greatness of her master.

"Well, well. If it isn't my promiscuous younger sister"

The two of them are resting at a beautiful country style café in Mall X after a long day of shopping, enjoying a cup of tea when a voice interrupted them. The said café is famous for its relaxing ambiance and the privacy it offered to its customers. Many famous personalities goes to that café for a quiet drink or meeting.

Looking up, Le Xiao saw a beautiful tall woman wearing a red body hugging dress with black strappy sandals. She has a bob length hair with brown highlights, her thin eyebrows were raised. Her small eyes are lined with a black eyeliner, pointy small nose and red thick lips. Her entire aura is giving off a seductress appeal that the men inside that café can't help but swallow their saliva.

"Miss  Le Xiao is not promiscuous" Piped in Mao. She and Le Xiao are enjoying their day, but they had to cross path with this plastic woman with her plastic body.

"A servant doesn't have the right to talk to me" The lady in red answered with her head held high.

"Who are you?" Le Xiao asked uncertainly. She doesn't like the way the woman talked to Mao, however, there might be an underlying issue that's why the woman is grumpy towards Mao so she decided to wait before saying something.

"Dear sister. Dad is not here, there is no use in pretending"

"You're my sister?" Le Xiao asked in awe.

"I wish I wasn't, but oh well, will you stop pretending? It is irritating. And you know Zhu Feng will still not like you even if you change your image"

"I don't know what you mean"

The girl just rolled her eyes and sashayed away towards her friends at the center of the café. After a while, Le Xiao asked the name of her sister from Mao.

"Miss that is the daughter of Le Ming, she is your stepmother and that girl's name is Le Liuli. She also has an older sister named Le Liu. All of them lived with your father."

"Oh, that's great! Do you think I'll be able to meet them soon?" Le Xiao asked in excitement. Her mind was focus on the idea of having sisters and a mother that she did not notice the sour look on Mao's face.

"I am sure you will miss."

Mao was contemplating to tell her about her previous experiences. She has been serving her since she was little, and she vowed to always stay loyal no matter what. The Le family took care of grandmother Zang and her when they had no one else to go to and they were not treated as servants. Le Xiao's father even decided to finance her studies as long as she stays and take care of his little daughter. She felt nothing but gratefulness towards the Master and the young miss of the household.

When she was little, she thought of Le Xiao as a spoiled brat who doesn't know anything but just demand attention, however as time passes, that thought vanish. The Le Xiao before was just a very lonely child who crave love from her dad and friends. Her mom died during childbirth, and her dad turned all his attention to his business after the death of his wife. He gave everything to his daughter except his attention which resulted to the rash, impulsive and self-centeredness behaviour of his daughter. She then seeked love from her friends, but due to her big ego and attention seeking actions, no one stayed with her truthfully and those who actually stayed are liars and has two-faced personalities. In front of Le Xiao,  they would flatter her with amiable expressions but once she turns her back, sneers and disgusts will occupy their faces.

Le Xiao's attitude got even worse when the stepmother and her two sisters came to the family. They would scheme behind her back, taunt her and humiliate her in front of their so called friends. Of course, they would do it expertly that those who witness will think that the main culprit is the self-centered of Le Zhao.  Her reputation became bad to worse as time passes. Even her own father wasn't able to figure out the evil schemes of his second wife and daughters. Despite that, she never treated the servants in the Le family as outsiders. Although there's wall that surrounded her heart, she respected them and was polite to them. She always took the time to help them whenever they have personal problems. In turn, all the servants in the Le family love and doted her.

Le Zhao knew the loyalty of the servants so he kept them employed and protected for his daughter's sake. The evil step-mother with her two evil daughters weren't able to bribe them to go their side so they can only clench their teeth and act high and mighty in the Le mansion.

Mao truly felt pity for the unseen heartaches of the young miss and maybe her memory loss was a gift from the Gods. When she got the news that little Le Xiao got in an accident, she was heartbroken. She vowed to protect and take care of her more and save her even if it costs her life.