The Morning After

Chapter 3-

I woke up the next day with a pounding headache and the room looking like it was doing circles around me, it was so bright outside that my eyes were forced to squint shut. As I do so I lift my left arm from underneath the soft white bed covers and try to rub my eyes but instead something rock hard bangs right against my eyelid, my eyes shoot open and I put my hand out in front of my face to see what on Earth that could have been, all of a sudden my eyes widen as I realise what was on my ring finger, is that, a wedding ring?!

I lift the sheets to see I'm still in my dress, I sigh in relief, thank goodness. I jump out of bed and realise that this wasn't my hotel room. I could see the entirety of early morning Las Vegas below me, this was a damn penthouse suite. I then decided to roam around the suite to make sure no one was there before I snook out undetected. As I walked down a long corridor towards the exit I saw a small yet quite built man in black trousers and a tight black t-shirt that accentuated his burly physique, he had tattoo sleeves on both of his arms and he was overall extremely intimidating.

I try to walk past him and avoid his eyes but he just stands in the middle of the corridor and blocks me getting past "ah miss y/n, nice to see you doing your walk of shame this fine morning!" I look into his eyes and raise an eyebrow as I ask "how do you know my name?" He laughs a little "you really don't remember us? well you were definitely drunk enough, I wouldn't be too surprised to be completely honest!" I'm still just as confused as before and if not even more so, "us? there's more than one person living here?" He realises now that I'm completely serious and don't have a clue as to what he's talking about, that's when he clears his throat and speaks a little more amiable towards me "y/n, I'm just the bodyguard here. You really don't remember jin?" I start to get worried now "who is jin?! look, I don't remember anything last night, can you please explain THIS to me?!" I show him my ring and he's evidently shocked, that's when I hear a voice bellowing from outside the double doors the bodyguard was protecting "Tony! Bring her in."

I look at him for guidance and try to hide the fact that I'm absolutely terrified of whoever's on the other side of that door. He nods his head and opens the door for me, allowing me to enter all alone. It was a magnificent office space with tall glass windows gleaming as bright as crystal and just before them there lay a glass office table with two seats on one end and a black leather swivelling chair on the other side with a computer screen facing it. I seen a figure on the chair facing out the window, I could see his jet black hair but barely anything else as I stood there trying to look at least half presentable to the public eye.

That's when the figure span around and finally looked at me, so deep into my eyes it almost penetrated my very soul. He was wearing a white unbuttoned shirt, he looked attractive without even attempting to, his frame was quite broad but I could tell he would be thinner at the waist, he looked so familiar to me, I try to recall anything about last night but absolutely nothing comes to mind "y/n, please take a seat." As soon as I heard his voice a puzzle piece slipped right back into my mind, he was the guy from the club, I knew it, 110%. I sat down on one of the chairs across the table from him and looked around the room waiting for him to say something, anything, but no, he just simply looked at me, so I decided I had to be the first one to speak. "Look, I don't know what happened last night but I just wanna say sorry for anything stupid I did it wasn't intentional I just have to leave I have things I-" he raises a hand in the air to silence me and for a change I actually shut my mouth. "You don't remember anything? Like anything?" I shake my head "there's not even blurry images in my head, I just blacked out. Can you tell me anything that happened?" He leans his arms on the table as he rubs his plump lips with his fingers, he sighs and says "well first of all, we somehow ended up getting married last night. That ring on your finger isn't there just for fun. I was a mess too if it's any consolation, and Tony, my bodyguard, had to tell me this morning when I woke up with a random girl in my bed." I exhale deeply and look down at the ground as I realise what I'd actually done "I can't believe I got married before my sister" I whispered to myself, then it hit me and my head sprang up "my sister!" Jin looks at me confusedly so I say to him "my sisters getting married today, that's the reason I was out last night! I cant miss her wedding, I have to go!" I stand up to leave and he stands up too "Where do you think you're going?!" He asks intrusively, "I'm going home." I tell him with a sense of finality, to which he replies "Oh I don't think that's gonna be possible. You see y/n, I'm a businessman, and business men seal deals, I'm looking at this marriage as a legal deal, and until that dotted line is signed that states we are no longer together in the eyes of the state, you're not going anywhere."

My heart sinks to the floor as I realise that I'm practically trapped here until I divorce this guy. I sit back down and practically beg to him "jin, is that your name?" He nods and I continue "my sister is the most important person in my life, and no matter what I promised her I'd be there for her whenever and wherever she needed me. Well today's that day. I'm not about to sit here with a random guy I met on a drunken night out and miss the most important day of her life. I guess I'm just not that kind of girl. So you can get your men to do what you're too afraid to do to me, beat me, kill me, I don't care. But I'm gonna fight until I get to see my sister again, I'm not going down that easy. So you can either be an absolute asshole OR you can be a good person and help me out, so what's it gonna be?"

He takes a long pause and then he quietly clears his throat "you're a fighter...I can respect that. We can go to the wedding. But we'll go together. I refuse to let you go alone."

I stay silent for a minute but then I manage to mumble "Fine." then, we both stand and make our way out of the door..