16.

The Soptic's were on a family outing. They were all walking around their neighborhood, greeting the people who lived close to them. It was honestly hard for them all to be back in Romania. It was where Rin was born, it's where she was buried. Ryan vowed to himself that he would bring Neela to visit his mother before they had to leave again.

Damien, honestly, seemed out of it to his children. He would stay behind with Neela while his boys went up to greet the neighbors. "Do you enjoy your new surroundings, Neela?" Damien asked while the wind blew past his freezing cold skin. Neela couldn't recall hearing him speak that day, until then. "Yeah," she spoke with a warm smile that made Damien feel happy for his child. "There are so many colors on the buildings, plus it's not in an everlasting twilight."

Damien could feel someone watching him, the person was behind his back, very far away. There are many demons in Romania, but none of the are wicked, everyone is united here. Slowly, Damien turned around just to check his surrounding and saw nothing out of the ordinary. He reassured himself that he was still in mourning and that it was weird to be back there.

The boys all came back down the walkway to meet with their father and Neela. "Does your arm feel okay? I can take your pain," Ryan and Neela walked many paces behind the group so they could feel like they were walking by themselves. "It feels fine. I think there's something wrong with Damien,"

Ryan nodded, agreeing with what Neela opinionated. "This is where mother is, her body, at least. It's always so hard for us to come back here but this is where we can keep you safe," he took Neela's scarred hand and kissed the back of it. 

~~

Everyone came home early, the boys, at different times, could feel eyes watching them. All the doors were locked and secure with almost five locks on each. But, Ryan didn't care. He needed Neela to meet his mother, he needed his mother to approve of his mate.

Neela was working on forms for school while the house was almost on a government lockdown, the whole house was quiet. That was until Ryan tiptoed into the bedroom Neela was in, "let's go on an adventure," Ryan plopped down next to Neela.

"Damien would kill us if he knew we left," Neela kept her eyes on the few permission slips in front of her, "this is my last year of school, then I graduate. Isn't that crazy to think about?"

~~

The couple had to be very quiet while sneaking out of the house. And when their whole family had supernatural hearing, it was not easy whatsoever. Trying to help Neela out of a window without her being hurt or making too much noise took the most effort.

Eventually, they were able to get into one of the cars and drive off, which Damien saw but didn't really care. He knew Ryan would protect Neela with his livelihood. Damien was only worried about Ryan losing control if there was something out there that wanted to hurt them.

"Here she is," Ryan sat down on the healthy, green grass then patted the spot next to him for Neela to sit down as well.

Rin Soptic
Loving Wife
Ever - more loving mother
19 B.C-1806

The tombstone was chiseled to look like a heart. On the left side was Rin's filled out tombstone, while on the right there was an in finished tombstone for Damien. The two were to get buried together, there, in the beautiful meadow with no other tombs around them.

The couple was to be at paradise themselves.

"All of us are to be buried here once we are destroyed." Neela didn't enjoy how Ryan described their death as being destroyed. The word, to her, sounded so barbaric, so dangerous. Neela wanted them all to have deaths that were peaceful, with no pain, their debts and demons all at peace. "I've been meaning to ask you this but I believe that this is the perfect time," Ryan was nervous for the response he was about to get. "Ethan is right next to Evan. Landon is right next to his mate, Sean is right next to his mate. Caleb next to his whenever he finds her. Father is right next to mother. Would you like to be buried next to me?"

Neela, honestly, thought that Ryan was going to ask her something different. Neela thought about the question. Being next to Ryan, their human bodies decomposing in the ground together for as long as the world shall continue on. She would be buried next to the person whom she was matched up with by the gods, the only boy she's ever loved this deeply.

"Yes, I would," Neela nodded her head with confidence. It was at that moment she realized that with the Soptic's, is where she was meant to be forever.

Ryan knew that she was supposed to be in his arms for eternity as well. But, one life couldn't allow Ryan to give Neela all the love she deserved. All he had with Neela was one life, while he would still have to go on until being destroyed.

The thoughts and urges of turning Neela got stronger by the day. The time wasn't right yet, but it will be soon.

For now, Ryan just had to give Neela all  he had until all of her memories of this life would be swept away for good. Human Neela was perfect, but demon Neela would be just a tiny bit better.

Ryan wouldn't have to worry about Neela being hurt if he were to touch her, she would never be hurt. Neela would be able to keep up with him and his urges, they'd be able to have a family.

He was too eager waiting for the right time.

(A/N: would you guys want a proper closure chapter for Andrew and Neela's relationship, then have me completely do away with Andrews character? I don't really know how all of you feel about the character of Andrew, so please answer.)