31.

"Cmon, keep your heart beating!" This time, it was Caleb who was violently shaking Neela, trying to make her wake up. He knew that Damien would not be happy with him for trying, but that was really the only thing he could do. Staff had already called Damien, it won't be long until he and Ryan would come in the room, yelling at all of the teenagers that surrounded Caleb and Neela to get out of their way.

"Please stop this!" All Neela could hear was fire, Austin, and the disembodied voice listing off the dangers of morphine. It sounded like everything around Neela was exploding. She couldn't hear what she thought was needed to be heard, which was the words of the disembodied man.

Damien had almost broken the front doors off their hinges before a staff member came and quickly opened the doors to let them in. Neela's screams could be heard from miles away. Every supernatural being in the school was covering their ears, trying to diminish the sound of Neela's throat. The humans in the school were confused, they heard nothing as humans aren't able to hear a banshee scream.

"Come back to me," Ryan whispered right on Neela's ear. He only wanted her to hear his words. Despite the ringing he felt in his ear, he still stayed close. "Tell me what happened. I'll listen," Neela was finally able to finally get a grip on something which was Ryan's hand. However, her body still had tremors coursing through it.

Again with that far away and dazed look. "Move back," Ryan snapped with gritted teeth to the students whom all stood behind him, watching the scene unfold in front of them. Ryan wanted to yell at them all, but he knew that yelling scared Neela, he couldn't imagine what yelling would do to Neela while in that state.

Neela quickly pushed Ryan out of the way and ran to the bag closet where there was a bathroom to the right of her. She went in and gone straight to the toilet where all the bile in her stomach emptied. "It's just me," Ryan spoke softly after Neela flinched when Ryan held back her hair. "Let it out," he encouraged while rubbing at Neela's back to soothe her.

After Neela was done, Ryan flushed the toilet and guided her to sit against the wall. Neela was looking straight at Ryan while he wiped her face down with a cold paper towel to help calm her down. He could tell that she was looking at him, but not really looking at him. Her mind was far away again.

"What happened?" Ryan sighed in front of his lethargic girlfriend, "why didn't you stay home when Caleb suggested it? I could've gotten up earlier, taken care of you." She could only shrug. "Did you think I would be disappointed if you didn't go to school?"

She shook her head even though she just desperately wanted to go to sleep again. "Tell me what happened. I'll listen," Ryan made himself comfortable on the concrete floor that had a thin layer of dirt and dust covering it.

"It was Carmine," Neela spoke after a few minutes. "He was talking to the police, he said I'd be dead in a week. Then I heard a voice and it was..so dark?" Neela squinted her eyes, trying to find the right words that best described what she saw. "Carmine was being filled with needles while the voice listed off the bad things about morphine. Then, I started convulsing and Austin tried to wake me up. There was fire."

There was silence between the couple for a few minutes until Neela spoke again, "what's wrong with me? I don't like this." Ryan scooted closer to Neela and held her against his warm body, "it's okay. You'll learn how to control it." It went right over Neela's head. "Let's go home," Ryan held onto Neela's hands as he brought them both to their feet before patting the potential dirt off Neela's butt. "I'll take care of you."

~~

"I think someone should go, just to be sure." After giving Neela medicine and putting her down for a nap, the boys all congregated about what they should do with the vision Neela had.

No one knew if Neela's vision would be so accurate this early in her development, that's why everyone was hesitant. "What's going to happen if she predicted correctly?" Landon asked. "We tell her," Ryan said in more of an asking temper. "It's clear that the visions won't stop, let her become more powerful."

Damien sighed, "I don't know. She can get hurt badly. Most banshees kill themselves because they are so afraid of their visions returning." Egin would have loved for research on banshees and immortality to be done, no one was able to get very far though.

"None of us would let that happen, father, you know us," Evan spoke up, "we all moved back in together to ensure her safety. Just because she had gained powers doesn't mean we won't stop watching over her every move."

The boys had always been cautious with humans. They were just all so easy to kill, the boys were afraid that humans would break under their touch. That's at least what their grandfather told them to prohibit human interaction. You see, Damien's parents were against the mixing of species, Damien was also, until he met Rin.

Most demons believed, and some still do, that they are more superior than any other species. Demons should mate with other demons, humans should mate with humans, and the same goes for any other species. Demons, they cannot die, they never age, they hide in plain sight, and they were already dead, nothing could hurt them emotionally or physically.

"I'll mark her if I have to," Ryan spoke, seriousness coated his voice, "it can protect her, she'll be able to feel me. She won't do anything if she knew how badly it would hurt me, father."