24

Regina's POV

I wake up to my alarm and I sigh rolling over to see Emma asleep.

"Babe?" She groans and rolls over laying on my chest.

"Babe."

"No."

"Our appointment."

"Why so early Gina?"

"Come on. We have to get ready."

"Sleep."

"I can go by myself if you're too tired." She sits up shaking her head.

"No! We are in this together." I smile and kiss her cheek. I get out of bed and Emma drags herself out to get dressed. I am laid back in a loose purple blouse with light blue jeans and black leather ankle boot heels. I leave my hair straight and no makeup.
Not feeling it today.

"Holy shit!"

"Stop cursing our baby can hear you."

"No peanut can't."

"You don't know that."

"Well sorry that you're sexy as fuck."

"Emma!"

"Damn am I lucky." I cover her mouth and she smiles licking my hand.

"Ew! You're such a child."

"But you love me."

"I do." I say smiling. We eat some fruit with chocolate because that's my new thing I guess. We brush our teeth together. How domestic. Then I make our coffee and we are on our way to the doctors office.

"Doctor Casey is waiting for you." We make our way to room 108 and we smile seeing her. I sit down and Emma stands next to me holding my hand.

"Let's see the baby."

"Yay." I smile and lift my shirt and she puts the gel on it.

"Wow you look healthy of courses I don't think anyone I've ever seen pregnant is this healthy. Your baby is so healthy Regina."

"Really?"

"Yes very very healthy. Which is great!" I smile.

"In the second trimester of pregnancy months 4, 5, and 6 your baby's fingers and toes are well-defined. His or her eyelids, eyebrows, eyelashes, nails, and hair are formed, and teeth and bones are becoming denser. Your baby can even suck his or her thumb, yawn, stretch, and make faces.

The nervous system is starting to function at this point in pregnancy. The reproductive organs and genitalia are now fully developed, and your health care provider can see on ultrasound if you are having a boy or a girl. In your case is a boy." I look at Emma and a tear falls.

"A boy?" She nods and I smile and she wipes my eyes.

"By the end of the sixth month, which you're almost at your baby is about 12 inches long and weighs about 2 pounds. His skin is reddish in color, wrinkled, and veins are visible through the baby's translucent skin. His finger and toe prints are visible. The eyelids begin to part and the eyes can open. Your baby may respond to sounds by moving or increasing the pulse, and you may notice jerking motions if he hiccups. Your only less that three months away from birth I suggest you work on a baby room
now."

"Could I give birth prematurely?" I ask.

"I wouldn't recommend why?"

"My sister, me, my mother and her mother and so on were all born prematurely. I'm scared the same will happen with him."