0.5

Jiwoo's POV

Jiwoo's POV

It's Saturday, Saturday was here. I told Sooyoung my address and she promised to pick me and Yerim up at my house. I was excited, to say the least, I meant, it was bizarre that Sooyoung believed such an unbelievable and outrageous lie but it is her mother and I'd believe anything my mother would say...

I changed into a pattern blocked pullover and a blue pinafore. Yerim helped me with the outfit since I was freaking out so much, too excited to even pick something cute out. Yerim herself was wearing a t-shirt with thick white lines and thin red ones. The skin-tight shirt was tucked into blue high waist shorts, secured with a belt. I decorated my hair by pulling it back with childish hair clips of different colors. 

Yerim and I went on to do our makeup, Yerim's being more sophisticated and mine being more playful. "You look like 5-year-old me..." I pouted and stomped my foot before thinking of something to shoot back with.

"Yeah but cuter," Yerim and I giggle together after she lightly pushes me aside. I finish my eyeliner and ask my younger friend what she thought of the makeup, clarifying I wanted her honest opinion.

"It's cute! I'm sure Sooyoung will love it, she already seems head over heels for you! She's like always nice and gives you a chance to talk when you've messed up, seems pretty girlfriend to me!" I shrug and sit on the toilet seat, waiting for Yerim to finish her makeup, texting Sooyoung, asking when she'd be at my house.

"I don't know, she just seems regularly nice. Like, she seems always nice until you mess up with her, I don't think I've changed one thing about her." Yerim stops for a bit and looks at me with one eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"Hey, you should text that girl who's friends with Sooyoung." I nod, it'd be useful to get something for her so maybe she'll warm up more to me. I tap on Vivi's contact and stare at the keyboard and think of something to say until I look up at Yerim, my eyes trying to send messages to her without my mouth.

"What do you want?" she asks, finally sensing my digging stare. I smile and look down at my phone before looking back up at Yerim.

"I need help coming up with a certain sentence that starts a conversation, I mean obviously I want Vivi to help me but how am I going to come off as not desperate? Or maybe it'll be awkward! I need me a good sentence starter that doesn't sound weird." I felt a little insulted when my friend laughed at me, sighing while looking at the reflection that stared back at her.

"Jiwoo, sweetie, just ask this Vivi girl for help. There's nothing wrong with sounding awkward, after all, this is the second time you've communicated with each other, she probably won't sense your 'weirdness' since you're texting. It isn't that big of a deal. Now ask her about Sooyoung's favorite movie." I nodded, more confident than ever now. I quickly and texted Vivi, waiting for a response.

From: Swanyoung

I'll be at your place around 6! That's okay with you, right?

To: Swanyoung

Of course! Can't wait lmao

It was currently 5:30 so half an hour before Sooyoung would pick us up in her probably cute car, her cute face smiling at me and Yerim, and hearing her cute laugh? My god I'll die.

Vivi responded with something I didn't really imagine.

"Oh Yerim, Sooyoung is like an American 90s baby... she's so adorable..." Yerim furrowed her eyebrows, asking what do you mean? as she looked over my shoulder. I could hear an audible gasp at the sight of the name and Yerim squealed.

"I haven't seen that movie in forever, I can't believe Sooyoung has a taste!" I jab Yerim in the side with my elbow harshly and she whines, soothing the area with her hand, rubbing back and forth on the wound. "Ow, whatever, I still keep my statement, I wonder if she's ever dressed up as the main character for Halloween..." I sigh dreamily at the thought, she probably looked gorgeous as she wore that yellow plaid school girl outfit...

"I think the target a mile away has one, if we're quick by the time Sooyoung's here we'll already be home. C'mon!" Yerim pulls me downstairs and since we already had shoes on, we quickly got in the car, Yerim started it, driving out of the driveway and speeding her way to Target.

Okay well, not speeding but she was 1 mile above the speed limit and I did not feel safe.

We parked in target and ran inside, scaring a few customers but that didn't matter, we were on a mission. We fast walked over to the teen section where the 90s themed clothes were on display, and as Yerim had said, there the movie was. I grabbed it from the box that was filled with other copies and went over to the self-checkout line. It took us 5 minutes to finally get our DVD.

I got in the car and slammed it shut, Yerim did the same and we raced home, knowing that the trip was a little bit longer than either of us expected. But we made it. By the time we were parked and out of the car, Sooyoung pulled up in my driveway and smiled at me through the car window. I smiled back shyly and waved a tiny bit.

I got in the car seat that was right next to Sooyoung's and we greeted each other. "I got Clueless, I don't know if that's okay but-" Sooyoung quickly interuptted me with a loud squeal of happiness and did a tiny victory dance.

"Of course it's okay! I love that movie! It's like my favorite movie of all time! I've always wanted to be like Cher." I smile lovingly at the girl I was head over heels for and nodded as she continued talking all the way to the party. I could listen to her any day, all day.