Chapter 1

Hoseok POV

Running a hand through my hair as I glance over my appearance, I smile to myself in contentment before exiting the bathroom. Heading back over to my room, I pull on my white sneakers and grab a light jacket. Ruffling my hair to make sure it doesn't look like I spent too much time on it, I leave my room and go downstairs.

Spotting my mother sat in the kitchen with an exhausted look on her face, I decide to stop in there. Smiling to myself as I walk over to her, I lean down and give her a light kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning, Eomma." I greet softly before standing back upright. She just gives me a tired smile, reaching up to smooth my hair out gently.

"You really are so sweet, Hobi. So sweet and strong. I hope you know just how much I love you, Hoseok." She whispers quietly, a saddened look in her eyes as she speaks. It worries me, but I try not to think it over too much as I smile back.

"Of course I know you love me, Eomma. You should know just how much I love you too." I respond, trying to hide my confusion as I smile. She sighs quietly, reaching up to cup my cheek lightly.

"You better get going to school before your late. I love you so much, Hoseok. Take good care of yourself, okay? Have a good day, baby." She says quietly before retracting her hand again. I just smile down at her, kissing her cheek one last time before standing up and walking back out of the kitchen to head off to school.

She really has been worrying me lately. Every morning, it's something different but it's kind of odd the way she says things. Every morning, every night. She's always telling me how much she loves me which, there's nothing wrong with that and I certainly enjoy hearing how much she loves me and how much I mean to her, but it's grown odd. It worries me how much she's been saying that type of thing, how exhausted she's grown over the last few weeks now.

I sigh, shaking my head at myself as I near the school building. The last thing I need to be doing is dragging myself down and worrying myself over potentially nothing. Besides, I've got friends and classes to focus on rather than something that may or may not be a problem.

"There's the school's sunshine!" Jimin cheers with a grin when I finally near the school gates. I just chuckle at his comment, feeling the concern of my mother slowly vanishing as I greet my best friend of all time.

"Hi, Jiminie." I greet with a smile, shaking my head at his antics. As I finally reach him, he turns to walk with me so that we can head inside the school together like always.

"Is that new kid supposed to be coming today, Hobi? Or was that tomorrow?" Jimin asks curiously as we enter the school, slowly beginning to weave our way through the crowds inside the hallways.

"That's today, I'm afraid." I tell him with a sad smile, knowing what his reaction is about to be. Immediately, he begins pouting as he groans loudly.

"Aww, but why? Can't it be tomorrow so that I can walk with you to class like always?" Jimin whines childishly. I just laugh, ruffling his hair.

"Sorry, sweetheart. You know you'd just say the same thing if I put it off till tomorrow anyways." I tease with a grin. He huffs at me, folding his arms over his chest like the silly childish person he is.

"You're so mean to me sometimes. I don't know why anyone ever calls you such a sunshine." Jimin grumbles with an annoyed pout. I just roll my eyes, still smiling at his crazy antics.

"Oh, you know I still love you, Jiminie." I chuckle, tossing my arm around his shoulder. He just gives me a playful glare though.

"Oh yeah? And what about this new kid? Are you still gonna be saying that when you're walking around the school with them instead of me?" Jimin teases playfully. I just reach up and ruffle his hair, causing him to groan in protest as I know just how much he 'loves' having his hair played with during school.

"Jiminie, you will always and forever remain my best of friends. I could never replace you. This new kid is at best, just going to be a friend. Okay? You've got nothing to worry about with getting your spot taken away." I say with an amused sigh.

"I better be, mister." Jimin teases, shoving me lightly. I just smile down at him in return though.

"Alrighty, unfortunately, I've got to get going so that I'm not late. I promise I'll be back to you before our first class starts though."