Chapter 9

Hoseok POV

Sitting off on a corner of the rooftop, I've got my legs bent and pulled up to my chest with my arms wrapped tightly around them. I feel bad for yelling at Jimin the way I did just a little bit ago, but I couldn't help it. He just didn't understand and I don't want to talk about it. At all, with anyone.

I flinch when I hear the sound of the rooftop door opening, not bothering to look back to find out who it is. I merely assume it's Jimin, considering he knows where to find me at times like this. However, I'm caught by surprise when I hear the person who I'd assumed to have been Jiminie speak.

"Hobi?"

Frowning slightly despite being surprisingly a bit happy to hear his deep voice, I turn back around to look at him. Sure enough, Taehyung is stood just a few feet from the door that's now closed again, a worried look on his face.

"Tae, sweetie, what are you doing up here? You and Jimin should be getting to class, it'll be starting soon." I ask in a soft tone, pulling on a small smile for him. He tilts his head to the side just a little, a small pouty frown on his lips as he shakes his head and makes his way over towards me.

"You seemed upset this morning. I heard you yelling at Jimin earlier. I wanted to come see if you were okay, and if there was anything I could do to help." Tae admits in a shy tone, coming over and sitting down beside me. I sigh quietly, looking away from him and back out at the view in front of me.

"I'd rather not talk about what happened, Tae. I still need to go and apologize to Jimin anyways. I just wanted to come cool off a bit first. It's nothing to worry about, Tae." I tell him softly. He turns his head to look over at me, staying silent for a moment before looking away again.

"Okay. I won't make you talk about it if you don't want to, Hobi. I don't believe that it's nothing to worry about, but I'm not gonna nag you to talk. You can always trust me and talk me about anything if you ever want or need to though. Okay?" Taehyung says in a gentle tone, a small smile appearing on his lips.

I can't help but look over at him in surprise, not having thought that he really wouldn't push me to talk about it. He's just got a sweet and shy look on his face though, matching the adorable small smile. I smile over at him, leaning over and kissing his cheek before laying my head on his shoulder without a single thought of my actions. It's not until I've got my head laid on his shoulder and notice his quickly warming cheeks that I realize what I've just done, my own eyes widening a bit in realization.

Tae doesn't say anything about it though, staying silent and beginning to gently rub my back instead as I let my eyes fall shut with my head laid against him.

"Tae, will you tell me about yourself? I know you're new here, but that's about all I know about you otherwise." I ask quietly after a few minutes of silence between us, looking up at him curiously. He seems to grow shy at the question, ruffling the back of his hair lightly with a shy smile.

"Umm... I guess. Okay, umm, I'm eighteen years old. Originally from a small town in Daegu. I'm an only child and both my parents work. I enjoy dancing in my free time, but I've not found a dance studio around here yet. We only moved here two days before I started here though." Tae mumbles before looking back down at me with a small smile.

"Good?" He asks quietly, brushing my hair out of my eyes for me. I smile at the feeling, picking my head up off his shoulder. Changing my position, I lay down on the roof, laying my head on Tae's lap this time. He's just got a curious look on his face as he watches me though, seemingly not bothered by this thankfully.

"What's your favorite color?" I ask softly, folding my hands together and laying them on my stomach as I look up at the younger with a small smile. He chuckles at the seemingly childish question.

"Hmm... probably orange or green." He answers, leaning himself back a bit as he puts his hands behind him to lean back on.

"And you're not in class why?" I tease lightly, deciding to change the topic a bit. He rolls his eyes at me though, still smiling as he shakes his head at me.

"I already told you, Hobi. I wanted to come check on you and make sure you're okay. I'm keeping you company until you feel better about going back inside to attend classes."