Chapter 6

Taehyung POV

Arriving home from school, I find out that I'm actually not too far from where Jimin lives. Only a street further than him actually. Smiling to myself, I unlock my front door and head inside, immediately being greeted by our little dog, Yeontan.

"There's my sweet boy! Oh, I missed you today, Yeonie!" I coo excitedly, shutting the door behind me with my foot before kneeling down as he comes running across the living room over to me. He barks excitedly, jumping up into my arms before lifting his head up to begin licking my face. I chuckle at this, petting his head as he finally calms down, setting him back down before he just walks off casually. I just smile at my dog, rolling my eyes at him before walking further into the house.

I pause as I reach the stairs, frowning to myself as I turn around and head back over to the door to lock it. Trying this once again, I go over to the stairs and up to my room this time, tossing my bag onto my bed. Sighing quietly to myself with a tiny smile, I go over to my dresser and search for a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt to change into. Soon finding a gray pair of sweats and a black tee, I shrug to myself as I quickly change my clothes before heading back over to my bag. Opening it up, I search through it for a moment before pulling out what I need for my homework. Of course, I still take my entire bag down with me just in case, going to the kitchen table to do my homework.

Setting my bag down in one chair, I sit down next to it before beginning to get to work on it. I quickly lose track of time as I begin working through homework problems, each one taking me a bit longer than I'd like them too. Though, i luckily manage to finish just as the front door gets unlocked and opened up. Glancing over at the door, I smile as my parents walk inside, shutting it behind them whilst I shove my work back into my bag.

"How was your day, sweetheart?" Eomma asks gently with a small smile. I smile in return, actually happy to get to tell them how it went for once.

"It was good. I think I managed to make a couple friends. I've got all my classes with one of them and the other is in every other class. And they're really nice too." I answer happily as I close my bag, standing up so that I can take back to my room.

"Good, I'm glad things seem to be going better for you here already. Why don't you go take your bag upstairs and then you can help me cook, hmm?" Appa responds with his own smile. I just nod my head, hurrying upstairs and dropping my bag off in my room. Setting down on the floor beside my closet door, I jog back downstairs and take a seat in the kitchen again while I wait for my father to get changed out of his work clothes. Though, of course like always, Eomma's the first one to finish and comes down before Appa.

"So, tell me about these two friends of yours that you've made." Eomma questions with a smile as she sits down across from me at the table. I chuckle shyly, still very grateful to be so close with my parents even if they get to be a little nosy like this sometimes.

"They're really nice, Eomma. Their names are Hoseok and Jimin. He was actually the one to show me around today, he's the one who I have every other class with. He's got vibrant red hair, and he's really the kindest and sweetest guy ever. Jimin's got pink hair though, which oddly suits him. He's really kind too though. They're both super outgoing, and I'm honestly pretty sure they're the two popular guys at school, but nobody's actually bothered me about it yet..." I explain, growing excited as I begin talking about them before growing shy near the end. She laughs lightheartedly, smiling over at me as Appa finally enters the kitchen.

"Well, they certainly sound like a couple of sweet kids, Tae. And it definitely seems like you quite like this Hoseok guy from the sounds of thing." Eomma teases, winking at me as I stand up to go help Appa. My eyes widen at her suggestion, feeling my cheeks warm and I shake my head at her.

"No, no, no. Eomma, you've got it all wrong-" I begin to say.

"Well, I don't care if they're a guy or a girl. They damn well better treat you right if they have any thoughts of dating my son." Appa chimes in as he begins pulling food out. I just cover my face with my hands, shaking my head at them as there's no point arguing with them now that they're wrong when they've clearly come to such an outrageous conclusion.

"I give up with you two." I mumble with a small pout.