Chapter 2

Taehyung POV

Biting my lip nervously as I wander through the first hallway of the school, I glance down at the clothes I'm wearing to double check that I look okay. I've got on my black sneakers, a regular pair of jeans on, and a gray long sleeve. Sighing to myself, I ruffle my hair as I glance around to try and see if I can spot the sign for the office.

Thankfully, I manage to spot it and continue to silently head in that direction as I attempt to avoid running into anyone stood in the hallways. I'm grateful for the fact that nobody seems to be paying me any mind, sticking my hands into my pockets as I continue on my way.

Though, I grow even more nervous when I finally do reach the office, nervously turning the handle and letting myself inside. Instantly, I notice a significant decrease in the volume of noise as the door falls shut behind me, much less people inside here as well. As I glance around shyly, I spot a boy with ruby red hair stood off in the corner, chatting with one of the kids sat behind the front desk.

"Oh, you must be the new kid, right? Kim Taehyung?" The guy the red haired boy had been talking to speaks up as he notices my presence. Giving them a small smile as they both turn their attention to me, I nod my head.

"Perfect timing! I'm Hoseok, I'll be showing you around today. They've also lined your schedule up so that you've got every other class with me. And the classes that you don't have with me, you've actually got with one of my best friends. A matching schedule to his actually." The red haired boy greets with a grin as he walks over to me. I'm taken aback by how seemingly outgoing the boy is, seeming so happy and bright. It's a complete contrast the everyone at my previous school.

I just give him a small smile and nod, letting him lead me out of the office and back into the noisy hallway. Instantly, he tosses his arm around my shoulders, leading me through the people with ease.

"So, Taehyung. It's nice to finally meet you. I've been waiting to meet you for a few days now since I got told I'd get the pleasure of showing you around the school." Hoseok tells me with a smile, leading us through the halls.

"It's nice to meet you as well, Hoseok." I mumble quietly as we go, trying to follow along with the different hallways that we're taking. He chuckles though, catching my attention with the beautiful sound.

"You can call me Hobi. Mind if I call you Tae for short?" Hoseok offers with a beautiful bright smile. I feel my cheeks grow warm as I scratch the back of my head shyly.

"Yeah, you can call me that. I've not really had anyone use that nickname in a long time." I respond quietly. He smiles over at me happily.

"Perfect." Hobi grins before we near our first class. He just leads me inside with confidence, the complete opposite of what I'm feeling right now.

When we enter, everyone's attention turns to the two of us. Who I'm assuming is the teacher walks over to us with a smile.

"You must be our new student. I'm your maths teacher, Mr. Lang." He greets me with a kind smile. I return a smaller one, nodding my head.

"You can take a seat next to Hoseok here, near the back. If you have any questions, Hoseok or Jimin would be a good first resource, but if you need help beyond what they can provide you, then you can always come to me." Mr. Lang informs me before walking away again.

Hoseok just smiles over at me before taking my hand and leading me down the furthest aisle from the doorway. Silently, he brings me to the back of the room, a pink haired boy sat at the end of the last row. He grins over at the two of us, more likely at Hoseok as he waves. Hoseok waves back happily, dragging us back there quicker.

"There's my Jiminie! Tae, this is my best friend, Jimin. Jiminie, this is the new kid, Taehyung." Hoseok introduces us happily. The pink haired boy simply smiles up at me, waving happily.

"Hi, Taehyung! Oh, Tae is such a cute nickname." Jimin greets sweetly. I give him a small smile, still feeling shy by how kind the two of them are. I know most people here won't be that kind, and I have a feeling based off the amount of attention we've gotten already, that they're two of the more popular guys in school which will only make it that much worse.

I try not to think about that stuff though, trying to ignore the ever present memories of why I'm here now rather than back at my old school and trying to just accept the fact that both Hoseok and Jimin seem genuinely kind for once.