Chapter 3

Naina's loud and constant hiccups wakes Rajveer up. Slowly,  he opens his eyes and tries to figure out where the sound is coming from.

As his eyes falls on Naina and the knife in her hand, he feels the ground slipping beneath his feet.

"Naina!!"

He shouts whilst getting up from the couch in a rush.

Rushing towards her, Rajveer says,

"Stop Naina"

But it feels as if Naina has blocked every source of sound. She doesn't stop nor she looks towards Rajveer and continues to move the knife towards her wrist.

"I said stop it Naina!!"

Shouts Rajveer as he snatches the knife out of her hand.

She starts shaking all the more. Looking towards Rajveer, she tries to get the knife back.

"Ye mujhe dijiye. Mujhe nahi jeena"

She says, her voice breaks up every passing second.

He throws away the knife across the room. Holding her by her shoulders, he yells,

"Ye kya bachpana hai Naina?"

Shaking her by her shoulders, he shouts,

"Ye kya karne ja rahi thi tum? Akal se kaam lo"

Naina is in no mood to listen. She doesn't answer neither she looks towards him. Her brain isn't working at this moment. After whatever happened to her, she has no desire to live. She feels as if she lost everything. She is totally broken and dead from inside. Her rapists killed her soul - only her body is alive.

Struggling to get out of his hold, she shouts,

"Choriye mujhe..marna chahti hun mein"

Trying to push him off slightly, she yells,

"Mar jaane dijiye mujhe"

He makes his grip firm on her shoulders. He knows his hold might hurt her due to the bruises on her entire body but at this point, he doesn't care. If he lets go off her, she might take her own life and he is not willing to take this risk. This pain is necessary for her in order to save her life.

Shaking her a little harder, he yells,

"Dimagh toh kharab nahi hogaya tumhara Naina? Hosh mein aao!!!"

She stops struggling and looks up in his eyes.

They share an intense eye-lock!

"Tumhein kya lagta hai ke apni jaan dene se sab kuch theek ho jayega?"

He asks her in the same tone.

She stares at him for awhile. Smirking sarcastically, she says, whispering,

"Aapke liye yeh kehna bohut asaan hai ACP. Aap nahi samjhenge jis dard se mein guzar rahi hun"

His gaze turns soft on her. Leaving her, he stands a bit away from her. Lowering his eyes out of sorrow, he says,

"Janta hun mein ke mein tumhara dard nahi samajh paunga"

Looking back up at her, he says,

"Lekin yoon apni jaan dena kisi problem ka solution nahi hota Naina"

A lone of tear escapes from her eyes.

"Toh kya karun mein phir?"

She asks helplessly.

"Lado! Unh sab ko saza dilao jinho ne tumhare sath ye sab kiya"

He replies in a soft voice.

She smiles sarcastically. She has no strength left whatsoever. Naina turns a bit away from Rajveer.