Chapter 5

Next Morning - Courtroom

One by one, everyone enters the courtroom including Ronnie Menra, Dr. Shalini and ACP Rajveer. When-everyone settles themselves in the audience, with two lady officers, Naina enters and stands in one of the witness boxes.

Rajveer's eyes remains on Naina the entire time. As she stands in the witness box, she looks up and finds Rajveer sitting in the front row. Her hazel eyes gets locked to his beautiful eyes. She sees trust and support in his eyes, for her!

She gives him a smile, ensuring him that she is completely fine! He smiles back at her.

They both look away as the judge enters and makes himself comfortable on his seat.

"Adaalat ki karwahi shuru ki jaye"

Commands the judge.

The prosecutor, Advocate Salve, gets up from her chair and begins the proceedings.

"Your honour"

Now pointing towards Naina, Salve simply declairs,

"Ye hai Ms. Naina Singh Ahluwalia, Mr. Rahul Mehra ki qatil"

"I object your honour"

Comes a familiar voice. As everyone looks towards the source of voice, they find Rajveer standing with few papers in his hands.

In frustration, glaring Rajveer, Salve says rudely,

"Excuse me ACP Shekhawat? Aap sirf is case ke investigating officer hain. Aap hote kon hain case proceedings ke beech bolne wale?"

Smirking, Rajveer stares at Salve for awhile.

"I'm a defence lawyer of this case, Ms. Salve"

Declares Rajveer with proud in his voice.

A minute of silence takes place out of shock as everyone stares Rajveer. Naina's eyes are left open due to extreme surprise.

Coming out of shock, Salve asks,

"But..h...how is this possible?"

Rajveer looks towards Salve, smirking. Thinking it's not necessary to answer her - she doesn't deserve that, looking away from her, he takes few steps forward and reaches the table of Judge.

"Your Honour, police se pehle maine Law mein degree bhi ki hai"

Forwarding few papers to the judge, he says,

"Ye hai wo papers jis mein sari information hai. Your honour, I would request you to please allow me to fight this case as Ms. Naina Singh Ahluwalia's defence lawyer"

After taking the papers from Rajveer's hands, the judge takes few minutes to read over the papers.

After few more minutes, looking up, the judge says,

"Permission granted ACP..I mean Advocate Shekhawat!"

"Thank you, your honour!"

Says Rajveer politely!

He looks back at Advocate Salve and smirks upon finding her shocked condition - he will not let Salve say a word against Naina. He has promised himself to prove Naina's innocence!

He looks back towards Naina and finds her still in a shocked condition - her eyes open wide along with her mouth!

In order to lighten the mood, smirking, he goes near the witness box in which Naina is in.

Leaning in towards her a little, he whispers, smirking,

"Naina, muh toh band kar lo, yahan bohut makhiyaan hain, koi ek makhi muh mein chali jayegi!"