Chapter 8

Exactly thirty minutes later, Naina's phone beeps. She looks at the screen and finds Rajveer's message flashing on the screen. A blush automatically appears on her cheeks.

She opens the message and it reads,

Mein tumhare ghar ke bahir hun! Waiting for you impatiently 😉

The wink at the end skips her heartbeat and turns her cheeks crimson red!

Bus panch minute mein aa rahi hun 😊

She texts back, smiling!

Outside Naina's house, in a black t-shirt and blue jeans, Rajveer waits for Naina to come out of the house. He keeps checking his watch impatiently.

Five minutes later, Naina finally comes out of her house and as soon as Rajveer sets his eyes on her, his heartbeat picks up pace. Wearing a red saree with silver earrings, minimum makeup and her hair left loose at her back, she looks nothing less than a beautiful angel! This is when he realises why she asked about his favourite colour. His heart swells with love upon realising that she dressed up for him!

As Naina looks up, she finds him already looking at her intensely, leading her heart to skip a beat! She lowers her eyes while he keeps staring at her without blinking. She takes baby steps towards him. The time she takes to cover the distance between them, it feels like forever for both of them.

She finally reaches him. He checks her out from top to bottom and gets mesmerized by her beauty! The kajal in her eyes makes her eyes to look gorgeous - he now knows why her name is Naina!

She looks up and they share a precious eye-lock in silence. Today, both of their eyes speak volumes - words aren't even needed!

Staring her romantically, he whispers,

"Tum iss saree mein bohut achi lag rahi ho Naina!"

She lowers her eyes and blushes!

Still gazing her, he says intensely,

"Itni achi ke..."

She looks up at him, yet again! Softly, she asks,

"Ke?"

Taking a deep breath, he continues, staring in her eyes,

"Ke...Iss khoobsurati ke liye koi revolt toh kya, jaan bhi de sakta hai"

She lowers her eyes smiling and the colour of her cheeks matches the colour of her saree. Is he flirting with her? This mere thought does some amazing things in her heart!

In order to run away from this pleasurable situation, she says,

"Chalein?"

She walks towards his car when she finds her left wrist gripped into his hand!

"Naina.."

He whispers

A shiver goes down her spine due to the skin to skin touch and she shuts her eyes out of nervousness.

Without turning to look towards him, she asks softly,

"Hmm?"

Still holding her by her wrist, from behind, he slowly comes near her, so close that she can feel his warm breath on her neck. She shuts her eyes even tighter and starts breathing heavily due to their proximity.

Moving his lips near her ear, he says whispering,

"Tumne bataye nahi mujhe"

Taking a deep breath, still glued to her spot, she asks,

"Kya?"

Knowing exactly what he means, she pretends to be unknown and he knows that very well.

Intensely, he asks,

"Yehi ke kitna miss kiya tumne mujhe?"

Opening back her eyes, she smiles. He won't let this topic go! Turning her head towards her right slightly, she says,

"Or agar yehi baat mein aapse puchun?"

He knits his brows out of confusion.

"Mathlab?"

He asks

Smirking, she turns towards him and steps back. Slowly, she meets his gaze. He can see the naughtiness in her eyes. The smirk on her lips ensures him that she will definitely turn the tables!

"Miss toh aapne bhi mujhe bohut kiya, pehle aap mujhe bataiye ke kitna miss kiya apne mujhe?"

She says naughtily, blushing at the same time.

He smiles! Taking a step towards her, he says,

"Aur tumhe kyun laga ke maine tumhe miss kiya?"

Her heart skips a beat at his advancing steps towards her. She takes a step back.

Staring in his eyes, she says softly,

"Agar miss nahi karte toh mere ghar ka address dhundhne ke liye itni investigation nahi karte"

Now it's his heart's turn to skip a beat. The smile disappears from both of their faces and they stare each other intensely. He takes another step towards her and in return, she takes another step back!

Staring her possessively, he says,

"Investigation toh tumne bhi bohut ki mera number dhundhne ke liye"

Taking a pause, he asks,

"Toh kya mathlab samjhun mein iska Naina?"

A little smirk starts to play on Naina's lips! She knows what he is trying to do - to get her to confess, but she is also Naina Singh Ahluwalia, she won't confess so easily.

Giving him a tough stare, she replies,

"Wohi samjhiye jo mein samjh rahi hun aapke address dhundhne ke peecha ka reason"

He smirks too! He loves witnessing this side of Naina. He has only seen her going through a tough time and now, he wants to give her all the happiness of this world!

Advancing towards her, he utters intensely,

"Baatein banana toh koi tum se seekhe"

Her smile grows wider.

"Aur dil churana koi aapse seekhe"

She says, without realising what she has just uttered!

His heartbeat picks up pace upon hearing her indirect confession. He can feel the heat rising in his body. His eyes twinkles with love! He is unable to hide his smile anymore!

At this moment, Naina realises what she has just uttered. She quickly lowers her eyes out of shyness and nervousness. She got lost in his eyes to such an extent that she forgot her own existence and uttered the truth!

She wants to escape from this situation as soon as possible but she knows he won't let this happen.

She quickly turns to go towards his car when he grips her wrist again and within seconds, he pulls her closer to him leading her to collide with his chest! They are in a position such that both are hand her behind her back held by Rajveer and she is protectively secured in his arms.

They are so close that they can both hear the rhythm of each other's rising heartbeats. Their cheeks turn extremely red, especially Naina's