Chapter 6

After a moment of their eye-lock, Naina is the first one to lower her eyes. Her heart skips a beat and her cheeks turns red out of shyness.

Getting nervous, stammering, she utters,

"I'm sorry..wo..I.."

She is unable to put her words into a proper sentence This is the very first time she is this close to someone and this new feeling pleasures her, yet she doesn't realise it.

This breaks Rajveer's trace, causing him to lower his eyes as well.

"No..it's...it's completely fine!"

Says Rajveer out of nervousness as well! His condition is no better. Her presence and closeness affects him all the more than it did before!

He gets her to stand up straight and takes a step backwards, giving her some space for herself.

They stand there in silence, yet this silence is not awkward for these two. He looks towards Naina and finds her shifting her gaze from one thing to another.

In order to get her to feel comfortable, he starts the conversation,

"Naina, tum yahan? Kuch kehna chahti ho?"

Naina slowly looks up at him and stares in his eyes. She doesn't utter a word and they share another eye-lock! Words aren't needed for these two since their eyes speak volumes!

Staring him throughout, she whispers,

"Nahin..."

This skips Rajveer's heartbeat. The intensity in her voice says so much more. Staring her throughout, he takes a step towards her.

Looking deeply in her eyes, he asks, whispering,

"Kya baat hai Naina?"

In the same whispering tone, she replies,

"Kuch nahi..."

Taking a pause, she continues,

"Bus aapko thank you bolna chahti hun!"

She keeps staring him with serious and intense expressions! She wants to say so much, she wants to do so much. He keeps staring her as well out of intensity!

"Thanks ki koi zarurat nahi hai Naina! Maine sirf apna farz nibhaya!"

He replies

Staring him throughout, she says softly,

"Zarurat hai..."

She lowers her eyes out of shyness and a same blush also creeps on his face.

Looking back up in his eyes, she continues,

"Thank you ACP Ra..."

Before she could say anything further, he cuts her off in between,

"Please call me Rajveer...just Rajveer!"

She stares him silently and a her heart swells with so much trust, care and something else for him!

"Rajveer!!"

His heart skips a beat as she whispers his name!

Smiling with her full heart, she says,

"Thank you mujhpe Aitbaar karne ke liye!"

He remains silent and lets her continue. He wants her to say her heart out!

Smiling sadly, she whispers,

"Jab ye puri duniya mere khilaaf thi, tab aapne mujh par Aitbaar kiya, aapne mera sath dia!"

A lone of tear escapes from her eyes - not because of sadness but because of gratitude and happiness!