Chapter Three

I paced back and forth in one of the numerous chambers in the castle. The black ice walls and fur covered bed waited to be plundered. I bit my lip in amusement. A fire crackled in the stone hearth in the corner. The flames were no match for the ice magicka the castle was partly infused with.

The heavy door opened; Keegan entered the room. His cream colored tunic was open at the top, revealing golden skin. I wanted to devour him.

We'd been meeting in secret for weeks. Our separate coronations were in a few weeks and both of us felt the pressure to succeed looming over us. But I was confident in my abilities as the next Winter Queen.

My budding romance with Keegan and my stolen kisses with Remi were a glaring problem. I so desperately wanted to be with them, the three of us together, and still be the Queen my people needed. The impossibility of our relationship was in the back of my mind. I knew this wouldn't end well.

Still I couldn't turn away. I'd rather burn with Keegan and Remi than freeze all by myself.

"About time you graced me with your presence." I drawled.

"Oh, were you waiting long, my Queen?" He crossed the room to me, grinning. He picked me up in his arms and slammed me against frigid ice. My mad laughter filled the room. I tangled my hands in his hair and yanked hard. Midnight rain and dewy florals engulfed my senses; the scent of summer. He growled. A chuckle vibrated my lips.

"It was either wait for you or call on one of the many Summer fae who would jump at the chance to finish the job. As you can see, I chose the former...or did I?" His amber eyes flashed at me.

"Wicked harlot." He kissed me soft and slow, agonizingly slow. That familiar heat singed my skin. His lips brushed mine, and then his tongue teased me. Sharp frost spiked my arms.

We ignored our body's reactions.

I sucked his lower lip in my mouth, biting down hard. I relished in the tangy blood I tasted in his kiss.

He drew my head to the side, trailing gentle, flaming pecks down my neck. Each one enticed me. Destroyed me. Made me forget my responsibilities.

The mix of pain and pleasure was a heady concoction. The harshness of my Winter nature was sated. For now. Always just for now.

"You're a crazy bitch. You know that?" He whispered in my ear. Then he thrust his hips into me. I drew in a harsh breath and cursed. The hardness in his pants grinded against the heat pooling between my thighs. He ripped up the hem of my gown, tearing it at the seams.

"You know you love it." I claimed his mouth once more. Stinging heat spread rapidly throughout my body. As long as we created electric bursts of pleasure, our natures were too overcome to fight for a few seconds.

A ragged moan stole from me when he cupped me there, gently grazing the thin material that separated his palm from my throbbing flesh. I arched my back, pressing myself against him. His hand slid under the flimsy waistband. I trembled at his fiery touch.

I half gasped, half moaned when he slipped two fingers inside of me. My nails stabbed into his arms and I clung to him, my body lifting as he plunged them in and out. Sheer pleasure silenced the Winter demanding to be released.

The door swung open when I reached the height of ecstasy. It came in waves, rolling through me like a storm. My body shuddered against his as I drank in the sight of the man standing in the doorway. I heard the sharp intake of his breath, and the increase of his heartbeat. The doorknob rattled in his shaky hand.

I couldn't read Remi. I didn't know if he stood there hurt and betrayed, or wishing he could join us. For some reason, I secretly hoped the latter.