chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

   I felt like the happiest person in the world. In the morning I had past bunnymund while my hair was flaming a bright pink. I flew past him while he was walking through a snow globe portal and I flew past him laughing, so fast that he almost fell back in. I looked back at him and waved "Hey bunnymund!" and he looked at me wide eyed, like I was a ghost. I shot up into the sky laughing. I was in such a good mood from my encounter with my brother.

   He could actualy see me! Most people don't even believe in me yet and he might just maybe be my first believer! I felt so happy I could scream. but then bunnymund might call the other guardians and tell them I went crazy. He was already suspicious. I kept on laughing and grinned while I looked down at a group of kids chasing each other on the sidewalk, "Oh, I see you're having fun being a guardian." A cold voice said behind me. My eyes went wide and the only movement I made was the flapping of my wings behind me.

   I held my breath and slowly turned around and came face to face with the man I wanted to hurt so badly, But I couldn't. Before I left the meeting with the other guardians about me and pitch's first encounter they said if he came back not to fight him and wait for the other guardians if possible. And if it was really necessary land him a punch in the jaw and fly. Fly as fast as my beautiful wings could go.

   I stared into his eyes and rage spread through me. I stood there and stared into his eyes. I saw into his cold, yellow eyes. I felt memories flash before my eyes. I held my head and screamed in pain. My head throbbed and once I really payed attention, I realized these were all the things I was afraid of. All the times I was left in the dark. The time I had ran away from home and was lost. The time I had a memory of when I was in a cold, evil orphan age. I screamed at my biggest fear, the orphan age.

   I shook my head and flew backwards. I felt tears going down my face, how could the guardian of bravery be afraid of all these god damned things? They were the most stupid fears ever! I started crying, pulling at my hair trying to rip it out and end my suffering. "Stop!" I tried to put some authority in it but my voice cracked and was higher than normal. I couldn't see anything but the videos in my mind. I was being tortured. For what I didn't know, but I knew he wouldn't stop until he got whatever he wanted. And I would do ANYTHING to make sure he didn't get it.

   I felt a cold hand grab my arm and sweep another hand over my forehead. At that moment the memories stopped and I sighed. I was trembling and my eyes were red and puffy, my cheeks were stained with tears. I could finally see and I stared up into the cold dead eyes of pitch. I saw no sympathy there, but it only got me wondering what I was expecting. He is like, the king of fear why would he feel sorry for me?

   I felt more tears run down my eyes and I heard his cold, dead laugh. Hearing it I thought of Jack, he was Jack frost like, the winter... well winter spirit. That's what the guardians called it so why not? His laugh was warm and welcoming, Pitch's laugh was actually cold. It sent shivers down my spine and goosebumps all over. I stared into his eyes and jumped back.

   I turned as fast as I could and flew as fast as I could. He wasn't expecting me to try and escape him so he was caught of guard. He was a few inches behind me and catching up fast. My eyes widened and I remembered bunnymund was somewhere near here. "Leave me alone!" I yelled at him, I knew he was smiling. It was just... him. "Kangaroo!" I screamed out. I flew to where I last saw him and he almost stepped through another snow globe portal before hearing my scream.

   He turned towards me and his eyes widened as he saw my face wet and pitch behind me. Then I felt a cold hand around my leg and I dropped. I screamed out and heard pitch laugh above me, the memories had returned. Except this time it was all abought the orphan age. I was only a toddler when I was there. They treated me like they couldn't care less. I screamed and started crying again, except alot harder. "Help!" I screamed, my voice cracking.