chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

  I flew all the way to long island, of course I was extremely bored, being pumped by the thought of seeing Leo again. I decided in all my boredom to sing a song, You're gonna go so far kid.

Show me how to lie

You're getting better all the time

And turning all against the one

Its an art that's hard to teach

Another clever word

Sets off an unsuspecting herd

And as you step back into line

A mob jumps to their feet

Now dance, rocker, dance

Man, he never had a chance

And no one even knew

It was really only you

And now you steal away

Take him out today

Nice work you did

You're gonna go far, kid

      I sighed as I flew down to the wet ground and looked around for Leo. I saw Annabeth and I quickly untied my jacket around my waist, put it on and headed towards her. "Wait," I heard behind me, right before I headed out, into the camp border. I turned and saw bunnymund behind me, "Yeah?" He sighed and said, "How did you know my nickname?" I shrugged and turned to head in, "Eddie." He said, I turned with an eyebrow raised, "That was my real name, but you decided to use your big brother's name, because I reminded you of him, Jericho." I laughed and shook my head, that was just like me.

   "Eddie, Aster Bunnymund." I laughed, it sounded like a ridiculous name, just like his outfits back in my flashbacks. "Well, cya cocoa!" He chuckled as I skipped away and headed towards Annabeth.

   "Annabeth!" She didn't seem to hear me so I tried to touch her shoulder but my hand went right through her, my hand turned a wispy blue while it went through and I screamed. It was a hight pitched, blood chilling scream.

   I shook my head and decided to look for Leo my self. I tied my jacket around my waist and waited for my wings to grow back. They quickly grew and I took of, spinning into the sky. I looked around for where he could just possibly be, bunker 9.

   I finally spotted it, and did a nose dive. I shoved on my jacket and felt my wings slowly shrink into nothing. Satisfying. I ran over to where I saw Leo, sitting beside the door. He looked so sad, I sat beside him, smiling. I reached for his hand and it went right through, I stared for about 5 minutes until I burst into tears.

   "I miss her so much." I heard Leo whisper, "I'm right here!" I cried, he of course didn't notice. I grabbed a stick and looked and the moist ground around us, perfect for writing in. I wrote upside down, in my curly writing;

Leo?

   He gasped and stared at the writing, then looked around in front of him. I wiped away the word with my hand and wrote;

I missed you ♥

   He looked at the words, a confused look on his face. I sighed and wiped away the words and wrote next;

come back to me

I wiped away the words then wrote next;

believe in bravery believe in farah the fairy I love you

   I finally gave in to defeat and lay on the ground, curled into a ball, weeping. "Farah?" I felt warm hands wrap around me, I looked up, expecting to see I was only imagining it, but was surprised to see Leo hugging me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, his around my waist, and kissed him. I felt like the happiest girl in the world again. Like I would never be this happy again.

   I felt rain start to fall, we had been kissing for a minute or 2 until he pulled away. He smiled at me and laughed, "I forgot to ask you this, what's up with your hair, oh and the eyes." I grinned, "What ya don't like it?" He just grinned as well, I grabbed his hand and got up. Heading to the camp boundaries.

   "And where might you be taking me?" I laughed and ran faster, a huge grin on my face. "C'mon, slow poke!" He laughed and ran out into the forest with me. "Here, I need to talk to you about something." He sighed and we both sat down. He was adhd so he of course fidgeted with his hands, not to mention I knew he was worried about what I was going to say.

   "Never forget about me." I saw the worry change into confusion. "Believe in the guardians, eventually you will find it childish. Fight it, think about it, not believing in us will make you... how do I put this... old!" I laughed and he shook his head, crossing his arms with an amused look on his face. "I won't forget about you guys." I sighed and leaned on him, staring up at the bright stars through the leaves of the trees.

I never realized how tired I was until now, I hugged Leo and went out like a light.

   I woke up hearing whispers, I opened my eyes and was surprised to see a small crowd in front of us. I noticed them all wearing the same shirt as Leo, they didn't see me. It broke my heart, plenty of people in front of me that didn't see me, I was sure of it. "Who's the girl?" I heard someone whisper, I searched for the person who had said it, to find him on the right with an identical clone beside him. Most likely a twin.

   "What girl?" Plenty of people called to him, I got up and rubbed my head, I felt Leo stir beside me. "They can't see me." I whispered to the boy, he looked me in the eye and all I saw was the resembled naughtiness from Jack. His twin looked at me and nodded his understanding, "Why can't they see you?" The first one said, I sighed, "They don't believe in mother nature." Their eyes widened, "LEO HOOKED WITH MOTHER NATURE?" Leo shot up and his eyes darted from one person to another.

   "Oh my gods." He whispered blushing, "Don't worry, they can't see me, well only the twins can." He looked at the twins and sighed. "What's he talking about?" People whispered to each other, I shook my head and flapped my wings so I could hover above the small crowd. I shook the snow out of my hair briefly and watched as they passed on the message.

   I felt a cold chill run down my bones, and I knew exactly what it was. "Was that just me?" People whispered to each other, I sighed and looked around for Jack. He flew behind me and chuckled. I turned around quickly, with a start, and laughed. "Oops." He shook his head and grinned, "Oh well, yolo, right?" He laughed and said, "Yolo is right." We both laughed and looked at the confused crowd, the awed twins, and the blushing Leo.

"Let's not tell the other guardians about this..." Me and Jack said at the same time.