chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

   Once I gained consciousness sandy was just standing there, waiting. I personally found it... a bit creepy. Bunnymund had left, sandy was popping his sand symbols above his head, trying to calm me down. I started breathing heavily, then I rocketed into the air.

   I remember my brother saying something about my only friend moving to long island. I think her name was... Nikki! That's it. We were both outcasts, finding our paths together. She was the shy one, I was the tough one. Anyone tried to bully her they lost a tooth, anyone bully me and I chicken out.

   I decided to pay her a visit. I traveled through almost all the seasons, it was magical. Flying through the leaves one second, then being chilled to the bone the next.

   I didn't get her address but I decided to fly around and just wing it. A ha ha see what I did there. Anyways I eventually found her. She was sitting by the sea, her back towards me. Then she got up, I fluttered to a stupid walk behind her.

   She led me to a boy, he had raven black hair and a brown coat. He wore black jeans, his coat was zipped up so I couldn't see his shirt. I saw a chain around his waist and on the left of it... it hung a sword? Probably some play toy. Kids.

   She dived into his arms and started crying. "Nikki..." I said, trying not to cry. She never cried, we never cried. "Oh, Nico..." She whispered into his jacket. I shook my head and stared at the sight before me, she was crying. "I can't believe Farah just... j-j-j-just died!" She cried, I shook my head and made tiger lilies bloom around them. She gasped but I heard Nico groan.

   Guess he doesn't like flowers? Yeah, guess not. I made a trail of them leading back to the beach, they followed behind me. Once we got there I wrote in the sand;

always have fun, Jack frost

have hope, the Easter bunny

remember your darling childhood memories, the tooth fairy

keep your wonder, Santa clause

continue to dream, sandman

be brave, Farah the fairy

believe in,

the guardians

   It sounded kind of cheesy, but it worked for them both. Nikki tackled hugged me and I groaned, "Off the fairy." I said rather calmly, she started rambling on about how Nico reminded her so much of me. "SHADUP!" I yelled after about 30 minutes, "Geez." I heard Nico snicker and I shook my head smiling.

   "Yeah so pretty much, they're all real, I'm a fairy, and you ar-" I was so rudely interrupted by a soft voice calling, "Comet..." I flew away wide eyed, I needed it to stop now! I heard them following behind me, and possibly a few more people add on. I just kept flying.

   Eventually, I was led to a camp. I saw through a blurry wall to see teens, teens walking about happily. The voice still called to me, with its Australian accent. But eventually it started to change into two voices. This one feminine and soft, I shook my head and looked around.

   A girl walked out from the shadows behind me laughing, "No!" I heard Nikki screech behind me, I turned and went wide eyed. I screamed as I was thrown a few meters away by the girl. I felt my hair rising around me, it burst into red flames. I punched her in the face and we burst into fight, considering in her eyes I saw maturity that I only saw in north, I was extremely surprised she actually believed in me.