chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

   I happily flew off giggling and thinking of all the possibilities of what can happen while I'm there. I was totally oblivious to sandy following me, I was blinded by this feeling in my chest, it burned in my heart. A happy hurt, like... when your mouth gets cold when your eating ice cream!

   I kept on flying, giggling and letting my eyes shine off the reflection of the now rising moon. Then I stopped, "Omigosh!" I gasped, "I'm turning into bloody tooth!" I yelped, then I laughed and continued fluttering to where I knew Leo would be.

   I giggled and flew down to the border, I stared in at the people and flew back up. The blurriness in the border could possibly mean that they had a force field up. It could electrocute me, or worse! I looked around for signs of Leo, then I saw him a few meters away rushing out of the border. I flew towards him fast, "Hey!" I squealed happily, he held me in a hug and laughed, we both grinned.

   I blushed and brushed some hair behind my ear. I let my wings dissolve behind me, into soft black sand. Leo looked at it with an eyebrow raised, but I grinned to show him it didn't matter. He laughed and held my hand tightly, he said that maybe I could come to camp half blood for a bit, I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder but then was held back by an invisible force.

   I looked at him with my mouth gaping, "Oh, oh yeah!" He recited some... poem or something and I stared at him like he was crazy once it didn't work. He looked at me with a quizzical look and then understanding dawned on him, "Whats your real name?" I tilted my head and asked, "My real name?" He nodded and then I whispered ohhhhhh, "Farah Lazuli." He grinned at me and recited it again with my real name and I was let in.

   We talked as we walked to his cabin, talked about how life was, about ourselves. I learned so much about Leo. One which was really clinging to me for some reason, that he was single! "You know, I could make your phone even better." I grinned at him and then he said, "Maybe a bit of lapiz lazuli here and there and a ruby somewhere?" I nodded eagerly and he smiled at me.

   "Hey maybe I could introduce you to someone, I think you guys will really hit it off." I tilted my head and smiled at him, "Mk." He smiled at me and held his hand around my waist, it made my insides all tingly. He led me to a the blond girl I remember seeing a while back. She was on the ground writing in a book, she was surrounded by opened books and a laptop in front of her.

   She looked up at us and grinned, shaking her head. "Leo, you player." I raised my eyebrows and looked at him, he laughed awkwardly and I smiled. "Hey Annabeth." He said, I grinned and looked at her, "Annabeth Chase, Farah Lazuli." I grinned and held my hand to shake, she shook absent mindfully staring into my red eyes fascinated. "Farah Lazuli, Annabeth Chase."

   "You guys have a bit in common," I laughed and looked at the books and the single laptop, "I noticed." He shook his head and grinned, "At least your just like me." I laughed and smiled evilly at him, "What's that supposed to mean, hothead." Annabeth said, he realized his mistake and laughed awkwardly.

   I heard Annabeth burst out laughing in front of us and joined her. "See!" I slapped him on the side of the head and he laughed with us. "Hey why don't you help me." Annabeth said, tapped the spot beside her. I grinned at her while handing my phone to Leo.

   We worked on some algebra together, I surprisingly was extremely helpful. Leo came back with a smile on his face, "C'mon, fire hair." I laughed and shook my head as I waved good bye to Annabeth. We walked to the boundaries, his hand holding mine tight.

   I held his hand tightly, he was amazing. Once we were out, he passed me my newly made phone. I grinned and looked into his eyes, his dreamy brown eyes. "It's perfect!" I gasped hugging him, he laughed and hugged me back.

   There were small lapiz lazuli gems in every corner on the back, and a ruby in the middle. And he made me a new screen saver, a picture of a butterfly, it was consumed in fire but it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

   Then he handed me a bracelet. "I thought you might like it." I grinned at it, it was a white gold chain, with three ruby hearts dangling off. Plain and simple. One of the things I told him I liked. I grinned at him, then kissed him on the cheek. another thing that was just plain and simple.

   Once I pulled back and stared into his playful eyes I felt like the happiest girl in the world. Then he did something that made me even happy, he pulled my chin and my lips met his. I felt his hand snake to my waist and pull me closer.

   I reluctantly pulled back once I heard a twig snap, I looked around with Leo still holding me. "Well... I should get going." I said absent mindfully, I pecked his lips and smiled back at him as I let my wings re form and flew away. Once I was a good distance away from long island I freaked. I screamed in joy and felt my hair pop up and blaze pink.

   I flew passed a startled bunnymund, laughing. He looked at me and shook his head smiling. A few minutes later of flying I felt a cold hand go around my ankle. I felt my hair drop down and go back to its new bright red.

   I saw the face of pitch, smiling his dark and cruel smile. I screamed, expecting bunny to just appear beside me. I went to reach for my necklace but was knocked out by a nightmare horse. I screamed, the last thing I saw, was pitch.