Chapter XII

I had already won several games of cards, Uvogin was still destroying people. it was taking him awhile. "Hurry up, Uvo!" I yelled, not looking away from the game. he didn't reply. he had already been hit with a rifle, and a bazooka. neither had done any damage.

I felt something coming. Oh, so they've sent the shadow beasts like Chrollo said. I thought, smiling. "The shadow beasts are here." I said, looking up at the others, who had also noticed. I sighed, "Let's hope they don't do too much damage to Uvo, he's quite annoying to heal..."

I found the fight rather boring, though I was quite annoyed at how many attacks they managed to get in. the stupid one named "Rabid dog" managed to actually pierce his skin, which surprised me. though it would be quite easy to heal. the only thing that seriously annoyed me was one of the guys put leeches into him. "YOU KNOW HOW FREAKING HARD IT WILL BE TO GET THOSE OUT?!" I screamed, glaring at him. he was killed in seconds... Uvogin bit his head off. literally.

"You idiot!" Franklin yelled after the battle was over. Uvo had used a roar near the end of the battle to kill a hairy little man. "What if we burst our eardrums?" I jumped down the cliff, heading towards Uvo. "Jesus, Uvo!" I exclaimed, seeing the full extent of his injuries. I whipped my head up, sensing something wrong. I could see figures in the distance. eh, they won't be a threat. I told myself, pulling out my yellow healing blade. I sliced through Uvogin's wounds, easily repairing the skin.

Shalnark jumped down, finding out which kind of leech and for some strange reason, he knew exactly how to handle it. "Someone go to the city and get us lots of beer!" he yelled. "Sure, I can get it." I said, watching Shizuku hop down to suck the paralyzing poison out of Uvo. I took a few steps away, about to run into town when suddenly I heard the clink of metal behind me. I whipped around just in time to see Uvo get hoisted up into the air. "Uvo!" I yelled in surprise.

The spiders piled in the car, I jumped on the roof, seeing there was not enough room for me. "Go!" I yelled, holding on tight. it was lucky that Machi had managed to throw a Nen needle to Uvogin. I had told Franklin to go get beer instead of me, seeing he would take up too much room. we started speeding off. "Hurry up.." I muttered anxiously. 

"Run ahead, Ilya." Feitan told me, staring up at the six remaining shadow beasts. "Don't let Uvo out of your sight." I nodded. "Of course." I ran, knowing these shadow beasts wouldn't be able to catch me. I didn't have a lead, Machi's needle had been pulled free earlier. but I just kept running.

Eventually, I spotted two white cars speeding along. I increased my speed, catching up to them. suddenly, the one in the back turned wildly, making me stop. they then swerved, coming behind the other car again. "Dang!" I whispered, starting to run again. I landed on the roof of the car behind, not making any sound. I paused for a moment, then let out a sigh of relief when they didn't hear anything.

I got a text from Machi, We've killed all the shadow beasts except for Owl, who has the treasure somewhere. we're heading back to the base. if you want, you can come back, your choice.

I decided to stay with Uvo. we were in the city now, I was getting weird looks. I guess that was to be excpected when you rode atop someones car.

We pulled into a parking lot. I quickly opened a map on my phone, marking the location. The men came out of the car, slamming the doors. "Hey, don't wiggle the car." I told them, smiling. they looked at me in shock. but then a familiar blond head came out of the second car. this time it was my turn to look shocked. "Kurapika?" I asked, confused. "What're you doing here?" He looked at me, confused and hostile. "Lizzie? You're in the phantom trou-" he was cut off by another man. "Can you both stop with this pleasant conversation?" he yelled, jumping towards me. I rolled my eyes and dodged. "Really?" I asked, looking towards Kurapika. "Oh, and yeah, I am." I told him. his eyes sparked red, but he didn't do anything, instead leaving me to dodge the attacks of the other men as he got Uvo inside. "You better not hurt Uvo!" I yelled after him. he didn't respond.

"I'm back!" I announced, glancing over the members of the Phantom Troupe. Chrollo smiled at me, I sat down next to him. I could hear Owl's screams. Feitan's torturing is brutal. I leaned on Chrollo, resting my head on him. I could practically hear Machi's aww inside her head. Machi may act tough but she was pretty cute sometimes. I saw Hisoka watching us, glared at him for a second before starting to read over Chrollo's shoulder. the book wasn't quite what I enjoy, so I soon grew bored. Chrollo paused, closing his book. "Do you know where Uvogin is?" he asked. I sat up, bringing out my phone. "Mhmm.." I told him, showing the building on my map. I decided not to mention I knew Kurapika.

A plan was soon made to get Uvo. it was simple, disguise a few members, get in the room, kill anyone in our way and get Uvo out. I wasn't picked to go, my white hair and short stature would give me away. 

I yawned, wishing I hadn't slept regularly when I was at Chrollo's. my body had gotten used to the normal sleep and now I had to start dealing without it again. Chrollo looked over at me. "Ilya, get some sleep." I raised an eyebrow, but did as told, laying down on the rubble. it wasn't very comfortable, but I had slept in worse places. I glanced up at where Chrollo should've been, he wasn't there. I felt a hand on my head and saw Chrollo sitting next to her. I smiled, resting my head on him. I was asleep seconds later.

YEAST also if Marie is reading this (ya better be xD) thanks for the... um... idek? thank ye for reading.