i need your love- charles melton

a/n: I KNOW ITS BEEN FOREVER. yesterday i got the sudden energy to write at 11 at night. my best work comes at night for some reason. i honestly have no idea why but i really wanted to create a story that was not so love sappy but real and emotional. and i hope i've done that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 was your year. new boyfriend, new school. new everything. but all this changed when your soon to be ex, Caden decided that you weren't good enough. you were practicing your cheer routine when you her moaning coming from the bleachers. you excused yourself from the girls and they waited for you while you left. your eyes adverted to a mixed male and a white blonde basically sucking the life out of each other. there was no need to think about who it was, because you already knew. tears formed in your eyes as you watched the love of your life kiss your BEST FRIEND. you loved Caden with all of your heart and everything in you. you would die for that boy. do anything for him in a heartbeat. but that seemed to not be enough. and what made it worst? it wasn't just any girl, it was one of the most important people in your life. ava, your suppose to be ride or die, bff, sister, other half.

in that moment you went absolutely numb. you covered your mouth as soft cries escaped your mouth. ava and caden turned to see you crying. caden began with the cliche words of, "y/n, it's not what it looks like." you shake your head. what a fool. tears now begin to form in ava's eyes as she realizes what she has done. "y/n, i'm so sorry. i know what we did was wrong, and i just- i'm sorry. please forgive me, you have to." the tears are now running down even harder on the blondes face. you wiped your tears and shake your head yet again. "you really had me fooled, caden. to think for the first time in my life, i found a boy who actually loves me. maybe just maybe we'll last. i was hoping more than anything that you weren't just like the rest. and i believed your sorry ass." anger seeped through your brown lips. "that was the first mistake. the second was letting you convince me to have sex with you. you knew i wasn't ready. but everything had be so fast with you. i gave you everything." you turn your head to ava as she sobs lightly. "and you, the one person who had my back since day one. to say i'm surprised would be an understatement. never in a million years would i ever think my homie, my ride or die, my best friend, would do this to me. i hope you're happy. i hope you got what the hell you wanted. i don't think you get it, ava. boys would come to you left and right, and yet you'd reject them. do you know how hard it was to find a boy that was genuinely interested in me and didn't want me for nudes? or didn't want to be with me just to see what it was like with a black girl. you get every boy you want, a. but this boy," you point to caden. "he was the one boy i didn't want you to take away from me. and yet you did. don't call me, text me, talk to me, or anything. i hope you got what you wanted. because we're over and i can't even look at your faces." you stormed off away from the bleachers. as you're walking you hear a voice say "i'm sorry, y/n. i really did love you but i needed more. please understand that." you turn slightly, flick him off, and continue walking over to the girls.

as soon as you see them, you could tell they've noticed you've been crying. the majority asked "what happened, y/n?", "are you okay, love?", and "if caden broke up with you, i'll beat his ass." you were grateful for the girls. they had seemed to have your back even when that backstabber was suppose to. you didn't need to say anything because you were pretty sure they already knew. cheer practice was over and you started walking home. normally you would just ride with caden but that wasn't an option so walking was the only option. your house wasn't far only a few blocks down but it was nice to have a ride. you reached the parking lot when you hear a car horn. you turn to see none only but the famous, charles melton.

charles was known for his killer smile and heartthrob personality. the tan skinned teen was every girls dream at Ridgewood High. you would think he was a fboy. but in reality he was a real sweetheart, which was rare. he threw you that killer smile that every girl loves. "hey y/n. let me take you home, you deserve it." he didn't have to tell you twice. you didn't mind walking but a car ride was nice too. you got into the black jeep wrangler and put on your seatbelt. you turned to him and say "so you know about me and caden, huh?" charles was slightly shocked at your comment but replied with, "yeah, everyone in school knows. i'm really sorry, y/n. honestly. you deserve the world and maybe even a little bit more than that. when i saw ava and caden i was so pissed. i wanted to run and tell you but i knew it was best for you to find out on your own." he sighed and for the first time someone you knew was being honest about how they felt. and you believed it with all your heart. you take charles' hand and say "thank you, charles. you always were a good friend to me." you smile at him and he returns the smile back. he removes his hand and places it on the steering wheel. "well, let's get you home then."

the car was silent. but not the bad type of silent but the peaceful type. charles had one hand on the steering wheel while he placed the other on your thigh. many would see this as a sexual gesture but to you, it was calming. it was his way of saying "i'm here for you and you're not alone." the light sounds of the radio hummed in the background. within minutes, you reached your two story home. charles stopped the car and your hand went to the handle but before you got out you smile and tell him "thank you for the ride. and for the support. it means the world." he smiles yet again and places his hand on yours and says, "can i ask you something?" you hum back in response. he leans in closer, "can i- maybe... kiss you?" silence fills the air in the car. the only thing that could be heard is the light breathing of the both of you. "yes charles melton, you can kiss me." without wasting anytime charles leaned in even further and warm lips were placed on yours. the kiss started off sweet and innocent but turned quickly into love and passion. tongues were fighting for dominance. hands in hair and waists. maybe this was the start of a new beginning. both of you pulled and instantly looked into each other's eyes. "wow.. just wow" was all that come out of charles' mouth. "i really like you, y/n. not the 'i'm crushing' type of like. i genuinely wanna be with you. i wanna love you, hold you, kiss you. i want it to be you. i've liked you for a while but i could never admit it. i think everything you do is perfect. all those girls that like me are nothing compared to you. and before you say anything, i know you just got out of a relationship but i wanna give us a try. i wanna see where this goes. and even if it all goes wrong and we break up, i want us to remain close. i understand if you don't want to i just-.." you interrupt him with another kiss but this time full of so much love. "i want there to be an us. i wanna try this. yes charles melton, i do. it's crazy how being in one car ride with you, has made me feel like we've been together forever. maybe that's a sign. i want this so bad but also want us to take our time. let's not be a label right now and just focus on us one day at a time. then when we're ready, it'll be real and it'll be official." you smiled slowly after. he looked at you for a few moments and then responded with, "ok y/n l/n, ok. i'll wait for you for the rest of my life if i have to. just promise you'll give me a chance." you glanced at your lock screen of you and caden and looked back at charles. "promise, love. i promise."

from that day forward, caden was a thing of the past. you realized in time that sometimes really bad things have to happen in order for really good things to happen. charles kept his promise of loving you and taking care of you. and you kept yours by giving him a chance.