sweet // kuwonu [os]

I stared outside, watching the fast clouds drop heavy raindrops upon the county. The rain has been bumming me out lately, given that it's day 4 with wet weather. And the fact that I woke up to bloody sheets didn't help with my mood either.

Happy Valentines Day.
Love,
your uterus.

I smiled when my phone buzzed in my pocket and pulled it from my pocket. My eyes landed on the name and I frowned. I love Edwin, don't get me wrong, but I was expecting a text from my man. He hasn't opened any of my texts since this morning and that isn't like him.

I put my head down and drowned out the chatter of my classmates, trying to ignore the throbbing radiating in my lower abdomen. I roll my closed eyes when I felt someone kneel by my table.

"So you were just gonna ignore me like that?"

"Yes, I was."

Edwin gasped and I could already imagine the fake pain that was displayed across his face.

"What's wrong? You need more Tylenol? We can ditch and go smoke if that's what you need."

I lifted my head up and smiled, looking into his coffee colored eyes.

"I don't feel good, but I'll survive. Zion isn't answering any of my texts, though."

Edwin looked at the clock across the room and clucked his tongue.

"Lunch is in like 20 minutes, let's just leave now. We can get food and smoke, because I know those two things always make you feel better."

I nodded my head and grabbed my backpack, heading to the door. I watched Edwin charm the substitute, saying something along the lines of a 'Valentines crisis.' I gave the sub a weak smile and walked into the hallway, the sound of our squeaking shoes echoing around us.

We walked down the hallway before rushing to his car. Edwin drove to Everest, because nothing sounds better than a high calorie sandwich and too many fries when you're on your period. Unless you're one of those weird bitches who craves fruit and shit.
(a/n: I'm a hypocrite bc I'm both lmao)

After fighting with Edwin over splitting the bill with me, which was a fight that I didn't win, we drove back to school listening Kali Uchis before grabbing our stuff and walking into the main hallway.

My phone chimed and I pulled my phone from my pocket and stopped walking.

czk 🤢💗
wya?

..school?

czk 🤢💗
ik that but where you walking?

towards Ed and I's spot. Why?

czk 🤢💗
k

I furrowed my brows and started walking down the stairs. I'm not sure why he asked, since he doesn't go here and isn't familiar with the campus. I was more worried about why he's just now texting me, completely ignoring my previous texts.

Edwin stopped at the bottom of the stairs and turned towards me when he realized I stopped walking.

"Was it Zion?"

"Mhm. He asked where I was going like he knows where the spot is."

The golden boy just shrugged and sat on the staircase, leaning on the wall with a smirk. He looked outside the double doors, then switched his glance toward mine.

"Leave your stuff here and go outside."

"Nigga, it's raining."

He sighed and pointed outside, handing me his large umbrella. I descended down the steps and opened the umbrella, stepping into the outside courtyard. I looked around, a small frown on my face before I saw him.

To my left stood Zion, who was getting drenched, a big smile on his face. He waved, and tucked a stuffed bear in a raincoat and a red box under his arm, before walking over.

I rushed to him, meeting him in the middle, and grabbed his cold face with one hand, giving him a warm kiss. He hummed into the kiss and pulled my body closer to his. I pulled away, water from his dreads dripping on his face.

"What the hell are you doing out here?"

I covered us as best as possible with the umbrella.

"Tryna be cute? Everyone would've been in our business if I did this inside," he responded with a dimpled smile.

I couldn't help but mirror a smile just as big. He handed me the big bear and the red box with a black bow on top.

"You're gonna catch pneumonia, baby. Is this why you were answering me?"

He nodded, adjusting his hood. "I know if I talked to you, you'd figure out what I was doing because lying to you isn't easy."

I hummed in response, watching our breath form a cloud in the cold, wet air surrounding us. I looked inside of the box and awed at the gift.

Along with some of my favorite snacks, there were a bunch of polaroids of pictures he took of me over the past few months and a phone case with one of our pictures on it.

"This is so cute. I really appreciate this, thank you. I love it."

I gave his red nose a peck before looking into his deep brown eyes. He wrapped his arms around my waist before putting his lips close to mine, brushing over them.

"I'm glad. I'll see you later tonight, okay?"

"Tonight?"

He nodded and chuckled.

"You thought I was done for the day? Nah."

"I'm on my period, though," I said with a sigh.

"Not a problem."

My eyes widened in realization and he let out an airy laugh, before giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"I don't mean like that unless you're tryna be wild wild." he suggested with a glint in his eyes.

"I- no. I'll see you later."

He unwrapped his arms from around me and tightened his hood before running across the courtyard. I shook my head and walked back inside to see Edwin blowing out a cloud of smoke.

"Y'all are cute or whatever."

end.