chapter 31

Underwater base // Pacific ocean

I wake up almost falling asleep again.
Barely keeping my eyes open, I look at my right to see Steve talking to me but his voice is faint.

I sit up and realize I can't barely move and I have a feeling that If I sleep, I won't wake up.

After the black dots are gone, I realize I'm on a room that is mainly white and there's some wary faces looking at me. Soon, I realize it's Steve and Natasha.

The last one comes besides my bed and say in an almost hushed tone.

Nat: I know you're tired but if you wanna live, we have to go.

I nod and she takes my handcuffs off.

We start walking on the hallways when the alarms go off and we hear heavy footsteps behind us.

Steve: come on, the others are waiting.

Nat says something but her voice is faint again as I stop in my tracks and look at a door at my right. It can't be...

Nat: Kara, we have to go. Now.

I look at her and at the door, not believing she is here.

I look at them and say, trying to find my voice as if I've been a long time without using it.

Kara: I can't go. My sister is in there and I can't leave her, not again.

Cap: how can you be sure it's her?
Kara: I just know.

Before they could take me out of there, I scream.

I feel a warm liquid coming out of my nose and I barge throw the door. As I walk inside, I find my sister on the same position I was. Handcuffed to a stretcher and with a mask covering most her face.

I run to her side and take the mask of her, handcuffs next. When I look up, she's waking up and once she does, she focus her eyes on me.

xx: Kara...

I can't hold the anger that's boiling inside of me as I see that my sister was almost dead.

Kara: I...
Nat: guys, you can hug later. We have to go.

I look at Nat and help my sister stand up.

As soon as we leave the door, we hear they screaming and shooting at our direction.

I don't pay much attention to the way, just making sure my sister is keeping up and I'm not falling asleep is my priority at the moment.

There was a door on the end of the hallway that Steve said it was out exit when armed men block our exit.

In a blink on an eye, they were down and Nat was with a gun on her hands.

Kara: you have to teach me that.

A ghost of a smile appears on her face and she says.
Nat: come on.

As we step throw the door, we start running towards I think it's a quinjet.

When we get close enough, I hear a gunshot and I see my sister got hit. Before I could do anything, the bullet came out of her and fell on the floor. She turned around, raised her hand towards her attacher and he flew out of the base, into the water.

I look shocked at her and she smiles at me.

I hear someone call us and we look back finding Steve motioning for us to enter the quinjet.

I sigh and look at my sister. After a while, we enter the quinjet and I noticed a mischievous smile on her face.

I look at the base and find it disappearing on the ocean.

I look back and the avengers are staring at us.

Tony: who's she?
xx: I'm Zara, Kara's sister. Why save us if you're trying to kill us?

I look at them, curious about the answer.

Clint: I'm sorry, sister?  The sociopath over there has a sister?

I roll my eyes and turn to my sister.

Kara: what are you doing here? Aren't you dead? Of course you're not dead, you're here. How are you here?
Zara: Kara, I love you but shut up. When you're nervous, you talk too much and if you say anything else, I'm gonna throw you of this ship.

I smile and go to hug her.

Kara: I missed you.
Zara: missed you too.

When we break our hug, I throw her on the floor.
Kara: don't boss me around, I'm older than you.

She looks angrily at me and stands up.
Zara: I definitely did not missed this.

I sigh and turn to the others.
Kara: where are we going?
Clint: somewhere safe.
Kara: is that even possible? The government is behind us, they can track us down in two seconds if they want to.
Clint: Stark have a plan.
Kara: I hate this already.

                                 *

  Avengers HG // third person

As they arrived, the sisters were guided to a lab where Dr. Cho was waiting for them.

The avengers were outside as the girls were doing some tests, as both of them had the virus.

Clint: do you think we did the right thing by helping them?
Steve: they didn't want to only take the virus out of them, they wanted to kill them. No matter what they've done, they weren't in control, the virus was.

Tony: any news on Thor?
Nat: looking for Loki.

The Maxinoff twins that had just showed up, stared at the sisters inside the lab.
Wanda: what's going to happen to them?

Tony: if the virus is out of them, they're free to go.
Pietro: and if it's not?

Before Steve could answer, Dr. Cho called them. As they entered, the sisters were leaving.

Steve: what'd you find out?
Dr. Cho: the virus is gone. They're both clear. I don't know how, but they're alive. They lost enough energy to kill fifty people and they're walking around like it's nothing.  It's remarkable.

Nat: so, what now?
Tony: how about we celebrate the fact that a killer virus isn't walking amount us anymore.