Two.

"Baekkie."

How? How can this man, who had seemed like a fairy tale from such a long time ago, pop up right in front of them, as if nothing had happened?

He's smiling sadly and kindly at Baekhyun, looking so handsome – more handsome than Chanyeol ever will be.

Rage rises inside him a little too late, but quicker than he realises what has happened. Somehow, all the hurt that Baekhyun had felt and expressed surfaces and he just wants to goddamn punch the fuck out of this guy before he can even question how he's here and why he's here.

He stands, ready to hurt, but then a hand settles on his shoulder.

As quickly as it had come, the fury is gone and he's back to his old self. He turns to Baekhyun, watches the smaller shake his head warningly at him. They've always had a power to communicate without words, like now, and Chanyeol freezes in his place.

"Stay here. I'll talk to him." Baekhyun whispers.

"What about class?" It's a stupid excuse, but he can't leave Baekhyun alone with that fucker. Feelings of rage and unease twist and turn inside his stomach, and every cell in his body wants to ignore Baekhyun's wish and throw himself at that fucker, but Baekhyun has always been level-headed.

And Chanyeol has always wanted to give Baekhyun what he wants.

"You go." Baekhyun says, straightening his back as he faces Joo Sung. Chanyeol is ready to stand with him, but Baekhyun's hand holds him firm. "Trust me." Chanyeol blinks in surprise – Baekhyun has never said that before. Chanyeol sees how tense he is, how the smile is wiped off from his face. He watches as Baekhyun walks towards that bastard and past him, down to the rose bushes. Chanyeol grits his teeth, doing everything in his power not to follow even as his look-a-like follows Baekhyun.

I'll stay here and watch. That way, he can't hurt him. Chanyeol thinks to himself eventually, crossing his arms as he looks outwards. Baekhyun is staring at Joo Sung in the face, not showing a hint of meekness. Joo Sung seems to glance over at him a lot, and Chanyeol wonders what they're talking about.

Probably asking about why he looks exactly like me. Chanyeol thinks to himself eventually, huffing in annoyance. As if I want to fucking look like you, you fucker! Chanyeol wants to go and stay by Baekhyun's side, to show him that even though he had faced Joo Sung alone last time, this time he will face that bastard with someone by his side.

Now that he can see Joo Sung, he finds that the older man seems to look a lot like him, except his hair is grown out and tied into a ponytail. Chanyeol's sure, if the man were to hide his hair in a cap, no one would be able to tell the difference between the two of them, unless they look closely.

Joo Sung steps towards Baekhyun, and Chanyeol stands, ready to sprint, but Baekhyun moves away, arm reaching out to stop the older, and the older complies, gently. Chanyeol bites his lip, caught between wanting to pull Baekhyun away and wanting to punch the fuck out of that guy before telling him never to look for Baekhyun again. Chanyeol stops himself though, because Baekhyun wanted him to trust him.

Trust me.

It was something Baekhyun had never said to anyone. Baekhyun had never expected or wanted anyone to trust him because he never trusted anyone in return. And now, Baekhyun's asking him to do it.

Even though it's something small, Chanyeol wants to fulfil it.

He does trust Baekhyun. He just doesn't trust that fucker.

Joo Sung leans towards Baekhyun, as if kissing his cheek, then he smiles charmingly and leaves. Chanyeol feels a mixture of emotions – confusion, fury, anger, rage, anything to do with wanting to punch the fucking lights out of that man.