Bloody Smile

Enjoy!
—-
The thick red substance dripped down her face, coating ever part of her once glowing skin with a sickly horror look.

His eyes stinging no burning with tears as he raced towards her. His leg broken and other one of the brink of collapsing too but he push and pulled towards her dying body. The one that held so much life before.

Her body hit the ground with a rigorous thud, discarding the feeling of the rocks and debris piercing her already shredded skin. There she laid, trying not to move, not wanted to damage herself even further.

"L-Lucy!" Natsu called, or screamed. His voice filled with blood and rage, sadness and pain. A pain he never felt before, not even with Igneel. He reached her body, watching her chest rise and fall, crying each time it came up again.

"Lucy I-I'm so sorry." He couldn't stand it. He had minimal damage compared to her, his tears broke from his eyes, falling into the gaps of her wounds.

Slowly a hand touched his arm.

"Natsu?" She called out. All the life and comfort of her voice died out.

Watching her struggle to talk broke his ruined heart further but he let the tears flow. Her body bruised and bloody still had a smile on her face. Not a "happy to see you" smile but a "your the last thing I'll see and I'm glad it's you" smile.

"Lucy? Please speak to me." Her limp body in his arms, heart coming to a stop.

"It's all your fault." Her bloody smile cracked.

-

"Natsu?" Lucy called. She wiped the grim from her eyes, still seeing the moon in the sky. Turning towards her husband in bed, she let out a gasp.

Dripping in cold sweat and chest jumping at an alarming rate, she gently touched his arm, making him jump but relax seeing his wife, alive.

"Oh honey." Her voice was filled with life and comfort, like honey, it dripped to his ears as she snuggled up to him, placing his head against her chest. Running her hand through his soft hair and tracing circles on his side, she could hear and feel the sobs coming from him as he gripped her waist and pulled her closer, letting his tears soak her silk top.

His cries grew louder as the nightmare progressed, Lucy let a tear out at she witnessed her husbands pain.

"Shhh, hey, hey, hey" she quickly said picking his head up so she could see his eyes.

"Natsu, it's okay, I'm here, please don't cry." She smiled. Her lips calmed him down to silence as they found his face.

"It's was so real" he whispered and she nodded. Entangling their fingers and kept to the playing of their hair, Lucy continued to relax him.

"But this is actually real." She said. She held up their hands, touched his skin, grabbed his hand to touch her and kissed him endearingly.

"This is real." He repeated. "This is real"

A glass of water was brought to his mouth as he gazed at his loving wife.

"All better?" She asked, her hand lingering on his skin, a constant reminder that she was here and alive.

He simply nodded and turned off the light, pulling her body closer to his, his neck nuzzling into hers.

"All better Luce, thank you"

"Not a problem, I love you." She whispered as his eyes fluttered closed.

"I love you too." He muttered.

Lucy laid with her husband not finding the sleepiness he had and locked her eyes to the ceiling.

"It's not your fault Natsu, it will never be your fault." She whispered but only enough for her to hear.