Can't Help Falling In Love With You

I loved the version of this song in Crazy Rich Asians. Enjoy!

------

Wise men say, Only fools rush in

Lucy's feet hit the ground running, bolting out of the guild hall. Her face was flushed with humiliation and she ignored every shouted plead the fire dragon slayer made.

But I can't help falling in love with you

The street signs were a blur as tears poured out of her eyes. She could hear the boots of Natsu behind her, but she needed to get away. She couldn't face him. No, not after that.

Would it be a sin?

The steps of her apartment were in view and she was almost there. Her heart pounded heavily and she couldn't tell if it was from the adrenaline or her heart shattering in two. How could she be so stupid? Kissing him like that in front of everyone, knowing he didn't have any feelings towards her. His face revealed it all.

If I can't help falling in love with you

As she unlocked her door and desperately tried to slam the door, her wrist was grabbed by a warm hand and she was pulled to his chest. Her heartbeat skyrocketed and the tears flowing down her face didn't help.

Like a river flows, Surely to the sea

"Lucy, please." He begged.His voice was barely a whisper. Her body still faced her door and she was still completely mortified of the scene that just played at the guild hall.

"I'm Sorry" She whimpered out. Her fragile body shivering against his.

Darling, so it goes, Some things are meant to be

"Sorry? Baby girl." Her eyes met him at the sound of the endearment "Do you know how long I've been waiting to kiss you?" He asked and he watched her shake her head. Her body shook with desire and fear.

Take my hand, Take my whole life too

"A really, really, really long time." He responded and kissed her. His hands tangled in her golden locks and her body melted to his.

For I can't help falling in love with you

They pulled apart. Desire and passion burned in both their eyes and nothing needed to be said. It was no secret that feelings began to develop between them and it was time for them to lay down their cards.

Like a river flows, Surely to the sea

Silence fell between them. Their breathing slowed to match one another. Gently, he wiped away the tears from her eyes, fixing the makeup running down her flushed cheek.

Darling, so it goes, Some things are meant to be

In this moment it was just them. Two people who held back their feelings, like burning secrets. Terrified to open up before, but right now, everything seemed perfect. Almost like their bodies were connected, they moved forward, taking the other person's lips into theirs. It was slow but every single emotion bottled up came pouring out.

Take my hand, Take my whole life, too

"And I've been waiting even longer to say this." His voice held infinite love and she wondered why she was scared in the first place. They were meant for each other. They were best friends who happened to fall in love with the other.

For I can't help falling in love with you

"I love you Lucy."

For I can't help falling in love with you

"I love you too, Natsu."